Join a member-driven leader in a fast-paced, challenging and collaborative environment with the shared mission of supporting America’s network of rural electric cooperatives. Since its formation in 1969, National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation, or CFC, located in Dulles, Virginia, has provided capital and industry-leading financial products to more than 900 not-for-profit, consumer-controlled utility systems across the United States. Our exceptional team delivers the “CFC Difference” that encompasses our values of service, integrity and excellence in all our interactions.
CFC has a need for a Senior Utility Rate Consultant in the BID - Regulatory Affairs group. In this position you will have the opportunity to provide regulatory, rate, operational and managerial consulting services to CFC member systems that are, or are becoming, state commission and/or Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) jurisdictional.
As a Senior Utility Rate Consultant, you will:
To be successful, you will need:
- Assist and provide guidance to electric cooperative management and board-of-directors on contemporary retail rate strategies and options.
- Conduct cost of service studies used in the development of traditional rate design, as well as specialty rates to include residential demand, EV, time-of-use, interruptible, and demand side management for CFC members.
- Analyze and assess industry trends, events and federal and state regulatory activities to determine the impact on CFC and its members.
- Prepare competent expert testimony to advocate the member’s or CFC’s positions.
- Develop and present educational programs on technical issues to effectively and clearly transfer knowledge and skills to diverse constituents.
- Bachelor’s degree required, business, economics, finance or engineering related degree is preferred.
- Master’s Degree or higher in a relevant field preferred.
- 10 years of relevant utility, state commission, FERC or consulting experience.
- Broad understanding of the principles of rate-making at retail and wholesale levels.
- Proven ability to design specialty rates.
- Significant knowledge of the regulatory process, testimonial requirements and procedures for state commissions and FERC.
- Advanced MS Office skills; knowledge of Power BI analytical and database management tools a plus.
- Statistical and econometric modeling/simulation knowledge a plus.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes short-term and long-term incentive opportunities; an employer-paid pension plan; 401(k); medical, dental and vision insurance; a generous leave policy; onsite gym; and more—all in a friendly, professional work environment. For additional information, please visit our website at www.nrucfc.coop.
CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.