- · MSc or PhD in Statistics, Physics, Engineering, or related quantitative field
- Experience with analyzing data
- Strong experience with descriptive statistics and visualization tools
- Experience with speech recognition, NLP, or a related field
- Expert in Python, or another scripting language (R, Perl); command line usage, e.g., Bash; C or C++
- Knowledge of statistical modelling / machine learning techniques
- Experience with data selection methods a plus
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with significant attention to detail
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Are you a data-driven, detail-oriented scientist who thinks analytically and believes that everything can be measured and tested?
Do you want to contribute to developing human language technology services for the cloud that serve the needs of AWS customers around the world?
If the answer is YES, we'd like to hear from you. We are looking for a Data Scientist to join the AWS speech processing team (part of Amazon AI).
In this role, you will lead a range of data analytics efforts, monitor and improve the performance of our speech processing services,
develop new metrics for novel applications and services, and help ensure that our machine learning models meet the needs of our broad and diverse customer base.
As the main person in charge of analysis and insights, your responsibilities will include:
- Diving deep into data, doing analysis, and discovering patterns/root causes. Generate insights that drive our product.
- Analyze and evaluate the quality of data used for model training and testing
- Present proposals and results in a clear manner backed by data and coupled with actionable conclusions to drive business decisions
- Collaborate with scientists and engineers on data collection and feature design efforts
. Develop and validate new model evaluation metrics
- Handle competing requests from a range of data customers
- Communicate your results to diverse audiences with effective writing and visualizations
- Experience with big data tools and familiarity/experience with AWS technology stack (S3, Redshift).
- Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in an agile, dynamic environment
- Fluency in at least one foreign language