The Recreational department for children between the ages of 5-16, offers programs such as sports and recreational activities for all guest's children we serve.
Duties include instructional activities related to recreation, leisure, sports and fitness; provides first aid and emergency care as necessary, and responds to guest needs. Oversees all aspects of the children's activities programs, and hiring and training of all new incoming staff.
- Manages all aspects of Camp's daily operations
- Plans, organizes and implements recreational programs.
- Provides a high caliber of customer service by anticipating and addressing any camper or parent challenges and/or concerns.
- Communicates with parents daily and as needed.
- Supervises inventory, storage, budget and maintenance of sports and recreational equipment.
- Implements program policies and procedures.
- Reports safety issues to appropriate personnel and recommends improvements.
- Hiring, training and managing a staff team of instructors and counselors. Supervises employee performance and adherence to job standards.
- Ensures compliance with assigned budget and makes budget recommendations to supervisor for assigned activities/programs.
- Assists with appropriate public relations and promotional programs.
- Maintains files, records and prepares reports as necessary.
- Has knowledge of program activity and industry best practices.
- Demonstrated leadership and inter-personal skills and the ability to work effectively across the organization, internally and externally.
- Strong service orientation, program management, sound judgment and decision-making, critical thinking, develop original ideas, creative problem solving skills in a varied and challenging environment.
- Must be able to work effectively, across all organization levels, internally and externally.
- Must have demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of basic computer applications.
- Previous experience working with children in similar environment.
- Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience training (Preferred)
- Valid Florida Drivers License
- Benefits (Including Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance)
- Competitive salary
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement plan
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year