, the largest exclusively commercial veterinary diagnostic laboratory in the nation, is in search of a Laboratory Supervisor
working out of our Sacramento, CA laboratory and reporting directly to the Laboratory Manager.
As part of the VCA Family, which operates the largest network of freestanding, full-service animal hospitals in the nation, Antech Diagnostics delivers state of the art testing and consulting services to practicing veterinarians. Our diagnostic spectrum of tests in the areas of chemistry, pathology, endocrinology, serology, hematology, and microbiology enhance veterinarians’ ability to detect, diagnose, evaluate and prevent disease and other conditions affecting animals.
Antech Diagnostics is looking for a strong leader to join our laboratory management team. As a Laboratory Bench Supervisor you will supervise medical technicians and contribute to laboratory testing that helps veterinarians diagnose and treat pets across the United States. You will join a fast-paced work environment that encourages teamwork and quality, and offers opportunities for personal growth. An ideal candidate would have supervisory and hands-on diagnostic experience in a laboratory or veterinary clinic/hospital setting. Responsibilities of the position include supervisory duties and bench work. This is an overnight shift position.
- Supervises day-to-day activities in department, performing laboratory analyses and tests to diagnose various pet and other animal illnesses, injuries and diseases in support of veterinarian animal treatment.
- Supervises staff, assigning work, monitoring activities and evaluating performance. Resolves escalated issues. Administers employment actions, provides coaching and guidance to staff and promotes staff training and development. Provides input to department policies and procedures.
- Leads work activities of the department, planning and organizing work, providing for adequate staffing and resources and maintaining work on schedule so that ongoing customer satisfaction is maintained and turnaround times are met
- Communicates with other related departments to coordinate work and resolve issues as needed.
- Contributes to maintenance of department diagnostic equipment and other technical resources.
- Prepares reports, presentations and other information summarizing work activities. Prepares various analyses as needed to highlight issues and resolve questions.
We are a rapidly growing, stable company with excellent advancement opportunity. Medical, dental and vision benefits, plus 401(k) plan and employee pet health benefits available, too!
If you are passionate about animal healthcare, are motivated by making a difference we want to hear from you!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology/Science or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 2 to 3 years experience in a clinical or production laboratory (in the areas of Chemistry and Hemotology) with past supervisory experience.
- Experience with the operations, testing and services of the area(s) supervised, including setting up, reading and releasing test results and troubleshooting equipment.
- Effective leadership skills, with the ability to motivate employees to meet and/or exceed performance expectations, and recognize star performers.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and direct work activities.
- Reasoning and analytical skills to resolve issues.
- Communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Personal computer skills, including Microsoft Office.