Join our award-winning team at University of Washington Medical Center (UWMC). Among the top medical centers in the United States, and ranked as the number 1 hospital in Washington State, as rated by U.S. News & World Report 2018-2019 "America's Best Hospitals", UWMC prides itself on compassionate patient care as well as its pioneering medical advances. UWMC is operated by the University of Washington (UW) and serves as a training site for UW’s School of Medicine.
The UWMC Patient and Family Education Services Department has an outstanding opportunity for a Program Assistant (Part-Time Temporary/Hourly, Day Shifts) to work with our Patient and Family Centered Care Councils, about 16 hours per week. The successful candidate will maintain confidentiality of information and conduct work tasks in a professional, friendly, customer-focused manner.
Primary Job Responsibilities Include:
- Support the Patient and Family Centered Care Councils and other related meetings.
- Provide administrative support to the councils.
- Staff the UWMC Health Information Resource Center.
- Provide customer service to users of the Resource Center.
- Assist with tracking/utilization procedures for Resource Center.
- Restock and organize brochure/pamphlet racks.
- Order supplies and materials for the resource center.
- Use analytical, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Utilize computer applications, word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Perform data entry accurately and completely.
- Organize multiple materials and tasks.
- Assist as needed with tangible tasks such as copying, faxing, and arranging resources for projects.
- Conduct work tasks in a professional, friendly, customer-focused manner.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Other projects as necessary.
- Ability to be flexible and organized
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good clear communication and interpersonal skills
- A friendly helpful attitude
- Good computer skills
- Genuine interest in learning and providing excellent service
High school graduation or equivalent AND Two years of full-time clerical experience OR Equivalent education/experience.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the University of Washington will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 / 206-543-6452 (tty) or email@example.com.