MEP’s 10 – 12 week internship program offers meaningful project experiences that impact high level engineering strategy. This internship provides the opportunity for executive and social networking events.
The position will include supporting the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering department with daily support and participation as a key member of a production line improvement project. The intern will directly support the process improvement project performing, Time Studies, Manufacturing Cell design, assist in development of automating processes, process documentation and participating in Kaizen.
The intern will receive training and experience working with operations personnel, managers, supervisors, manufacturing engineers, maintenance and tool room technicians. There will be opportunities to participate on engineering teams performing DFMEA and PFMEA.
The intern is expected to keep a journal of his/her work. He/she will prepare a presentation and report to management at the completion of the assignment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must be able to work without direct supervision. Must demonstrate initiative and a solid work ethic.
- Must have basic Microsoft Suite computer skills to create documents in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Any skills with using any type of CAD, or SolidWorks is a plus.
- Perform work based on priority list with direction from Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
- Applicant must be working toward a degree either in a Technical College or University.
- Jr or Sr level student is desired.
- Automation experience a plus
Marley Engineered Products LLC is an indirect subsidiary of SPX Corporation, and is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Thank you for your interest in our company.