- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Teaching Experience
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
Job Summary and Scope of Responsibility:
Bernard Zell Anshe Emet Day School seeks a Middle School Mathematics Teacher for the 2018-2019 school year. The candidate must be prepared to teach a variety of levels of mathematics courses, from Middle School Pre-Algebra through Calculus, utilizing the latest approaches in mathematics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build a classroom culture in which students love math.
- Provide clear and consistently high-quality math instruction for all students.
- Create instructional lesson plans and classroom activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in a meaningful learning experience through whole group, small group and individualized instruction.
- Manage and support an organized and professional classroom that is conducive to learning.
- Implement instructional strategies and resources that are aligned with the rigor of the Common Core to meet the needs of all students, including those with varying backgrounds, learning styles and special needs.
- Motivate students to think critically and take ownership of their own learning.
- Drive academic outcomes by analyzing student work and studying data, and implementing high-leverage instructional moves to ensure dramatic gains for all students.
- Develop strong partnerships with parents and students to create investment in school culture and academics.
- Maintain effective and efficient data gathering procedures.
- Comfortable applying student data to drive instruction.
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines, honoring schedules and collaborating effectively with co-teachers and colleagues.
- Maintain a classroom that demonstrates discipline, order and rigor.
- Ensure that all students graduate ready for the next academic level.
- Reflect critically on teaching practice and implement improvement strategies as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics or Mathematics Education required; M.A. preferred.
- At least two (2) years of Middle School lead teacher classroom experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate mastery of academic subjects and behavioral interventions.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrates initiative and creativity.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and administration to support and extend the objectives of the curriculum.
- Experience providing a nurturing, creative, and inclusive environment for students and to create a strong classroom community.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Full-time employee benefits include employer-subsidized medical, dental, life, and disability insurance;
403B retirement plan; parking or public transportation subsidy; breakfast and lunch; optional vision insurance.
Job Type: Temporary
- middles School Teaching: 2 years (Preferred)