- Software Development
- Web Development
- Microsoft Word
Internet Brands is looking for Quality Assurance Interns to be part of its Quality Assurance team in our Pleasanton, CA office. This position has great potential for learning and advancement.
Quality Assurance Interns will be responsible for executing black box testing on a number of web-based projects under the guidance of senior QA team members. They will be trained in the company’s Quality Assurance process and be given opportunities to contribute to the creation of test cases and scripts.
The ideal candidate will have a background in computer science, meticulous attention to detail, strong analytical skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills. A degree in Computer Science or web development experience is strongly encouraged, but is not required. Prior quality assurance experience or software development experience is a plus.
- Executing black box tests on all web-based and desktop application-based products.
- Identifying issues and generating issue reports.
- Reproducing customer-reported issues.
- Assisting developers with issue analysis.
- Developing automated test scripts.
- Actively participating in test case design and script maintenance.
- Verification of patches and bug fixes.
- Interfacing closely with programmers and other QA engineers.
- An understanding of web-delivered applications.
- Familiarity with multiple web browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word & Excel).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills within a team environment.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or enrollment in one of these majors, is a plus but not required.
- Experience working in a web development company is a plus.
- Software development experience is a plus.
- Software quality assurance experience is a plus.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.