Reports to: Associate Director of Information Management
The United Association National Pension Fund (UANPF) is a multi-employer defined benefit pension fund established over 50 years ago. We are responsible for administering the retirement benefits nationwide for over 160,000 hardworking members of the United Association (Union of Plumbers, Pipefitters, Welders & Service Techs) and their families.
Our Information Services Department is responsible for the development, maintenance and support of the Fund’s desktop and third-party applications. The Department supports a variety of systems and architectures including Visual Studio applications, SQL middleware applications, forms development, web applications and the Fund’s third-party pension processing system.
The Senior Programmer/Analyst position duties and responsibilities include developing and maintaining custom and third-party applications and supporting the business needs of the Fund. The requirements include designing, developing and implementing applications both independently and as part of a team, maintaining and improving existing applications, providing quality assurance and performing daily routine tasks.
- Design, develop, modify, enhance, document and maintain a variety of desktop and web-based applications that automate the business processes and improve efficiencies for the Departments across the Fund.
- Test and debug applications and services.
- Maintain databases and data integrations.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve problems with existing applications.
- Collaborate with Departments and prepare documentation of program requirements and specifications for existing and future applications.
- Write and modify code in programming languages such as VB.NET, C#, java, basic and other programming languages applicable for project at hand.
- Store, retrieve and manipulate data from application database.
- Provide technical guidance, support and training to users to ensure the success of custom software applications.
- Demonstrate experience in software development & maintenance
- Demonstrate experience in software requirements & design, testing and deployment
- Demonstrate experience with Visual Studio, VB.Net, C#, java, Microsoft SQL server, Development Libraries & API’s, front-end frameworks and version control software
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Utilize technical and business knowledge to identify, design and develop technical solutions to business problems in support of the Fund’s Users and Participants.
- Via interaction with the user community, interpret their business needs for application development and translate those needs into new application specifications and/or enhancements to existing systems.
- Utilize technical and business knowledge and experience to develop and provide specifications, direction, guidance, supervision and education to junior-level application staff members to enhance their productivity and knowledge.
- Maintain and/or enhance existing application systems based on user requirements.
- Maintain a high level of technical skills consistent with the Fund's computing environment via self-paced courses, Fund Office provided education and/or outside educational facilities.
- Interact with the Help Desk to insure proper handling of priority programming and technical issues.
- Coordinate with the Help Desk to insure consistency between applications and the related documentation and on-line help.
- Must be able to work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline plus 4-6 years working experience in a technological environment.
- The ability to develop highly creative solutions to complex business and/or computer related problems.
- Good oral and written communication skills (requiring an outstanding command of the English language in both), good analytical skills, good interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Pension Fund experience highly beneficial.
A confidential report of an employee's personal credit status may be requested before and while an employee holds this position.