Our firm is a prominent Dutch Bank with an established European footprint and a growing office in New York City. Our team’s main functions consist of investment banking / advisory activities and corporate lending with a focus in the Energy and Transportation sectors.
Currently our NYC office is seeking a Capital Structuring and Advisory (CSA) Analyst/Associate for the Corporate Finance Division, which has a focus in both Mergers and Acquisitions and Equity Capital Markets. We offer financial and advisory services that support important strategic events in our client’s business evolution (examples include: acquisitions, divestitures and IPO).
The CSA professional will, under supervision of the Head of CSA, support our firm’s sector and product bankers, in the origination and execution of multi-product solutions. Our firm’s product offerings include: Mergers & Acquisitions, Equity Capital Markets, Debt Capital Markets, Structured Finance and Global Markets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will be a key part of our firm’s origination and tailored client approach. Your efforts should bring the quality of the client dialogue to a higher level, which should result in increased cross-sell to our clients.
- Together with the Corporate Finance team, you will work on:
- Financial analysis of client's current and future financial position and needs
- Credit rating impact, fire power analysis, optimization of balance sheet and financial structures, merger & acquisition and valuation models etc.
- Preparation and coordination of presentations with a CSA approach
- Work closely with your other Corporate Finance colleagues and maintain a good dialogue with relationship bankers, and product departments
Skills & experience required
- BA/BS degree
- Preference for 1 – 2 year(s) of work experience
- Experience in financial modeling
- Series 79 and Series 63 licenses (or within first 2 months on the job)
- Analytical skills, efficient, creative and a passion for problem solving
- Solid communications skills, both verbal and written
- Understanding and interest in financial matters, macro-economics, credit and structuring
- Experience in the following sectors is a plus: Energy, Commodities, Shipping, and Basic Materials
- Great team player
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $115,000.00 /hour
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail