Full Job Description
We seek a Substance Use Disorder Social Worker to assist with treating individuals with various substance abuse disorders. This Case Manager role will work directly at and with residents of the Lake County Adult Detention Center in Painesville, OH. This full-time job will work in a case manager capacity providing medication assisted treatment screening and comprehensive behavioral health and substance use disorder services to Lake County’s criminal justice population. This role will a liaise between mental health, substance abuse, and criminal justice systems, promoting rapid access to services during incarceration, and continuity of services in the community on release. More specifically, this person will be responsible for:
- Conduct ongoing screening of client’s mental health and substance use disorder for improving or maintaining successful community living skills.
- Work collaboratively with clients to develop care plans while incarcerated including linking with any medication to assist in treating mental health and/or substance use disorder symptoms.
- Assists in making referrals and linkages to appropriate service systems, and serves as a client advocate in navigating various health, education, housing, social service and criminal justice systems to obtain necessary supports upon release from the Lake County Adult Detention Center.
- Provides education and support to clients and families re: mental illness, relapse prevention, avenues to recovery, and available community supports and self-help services.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field preferred.
- LSW or LPC licensure preferred. In lieu of these, having a QMHS within 30 days of hire.
- Knowledge of mental illness and substance abuse recovery preferred
- verbal and written communication skills essential
- Experience with an incarcerated population highly preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- mental illness or substance abuse recovery: 1 year (Preferred)
- social work: 1 year (Required)
- Do you have or would you be willing to get in the absence of a LSW or LPC license a QMHS certification immediately upon hire?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply