Scheduler (FT) - SBMS Orthopedics
Barnabas Health Medical Group
Full Time Day
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
· Medical/Dental/Vision plans
· 401 (k)
· Short & Long Term Disability
· Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Responsible for scheduling all patient surgical procedures for the practice. Obtain missing information from initial booking forms and confirm final schedules.
· Monday - Friday 8:30am-5pm
· *Hours are subject to change as business needs require. Evening pay shift differential available for any regularly scheduled hours, Monday – Friday, after 5:00pm. Weekend pay shift differential available.
· Accurately obtains all missing information needed from initial scheduling of case. Schedules cases with a high level of accuracy and brings questions to the appropriate party.
· Accurately schedules surgical procedures as indicated by physician/physician staff including date, procedure, time, equipment, supplies needed and amount of time needed.
· Analyze and verify coding of procedures and diagnosis using ICD and CPT codes.
· Bills insurance companies for all hospital (inpatient and outpatient), office, nursing homes, and all other provider services.
· Consults with Compliance Department on billing issues.
· Enter data electronically to process charges, payments, denials, and adjustments.
· Monitors claims for missing information, authorization/control numbers.
· Post third party insurance remittance vouchers if received in practice site.
· Resolve routine patient billing inquiries and problems.
· Reviews billing in all sites for accuracy.
· Adheres to the guidelines outlined in the facility-wide attendance policy.
· Communicates problems to the proper personnel promptly; asks questions to clarify misunderstandings; requests assistance from appropriate personnel in the event of an unusual or difficult situation
· Demonstrates a complete knowledge of all phases of the job.
· Demonstrates a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail at all times.
· Demonstrates an awareness of the scheduler’s importance in contributing to patient safety and the efficient coordination of surgical procedures.
· Demonstrates excellent customer service in communication with physicians/physician staff, all departments within the surgery center, miscellaneous callers and visitors.
· Demonstrates good judgment by following written and verbal instructions carefully.
· Demonstrates the ability to adapt to change in the workload as required; uses time productively.
· Shows good judgment in the answering and referral of phone calls.
· HS Diploma or equivalent (GED).
· Six (6) months to one (1) year of relevant experience and/or training.
· Previous surgical scheduler experience preferred.
· Bilingual a plus.
To apply, please submit your resume through Indeed.
About RWJBarnabas Health:
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey, with a service area covering five million people. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals – Clara Maass Medical Center in Belleville, Community Medical Center in Toms River, Jersey City Medical Center in Jersey City, Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus in Lakewood, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, RWJUH- New Brunswick, RWJUH- Somerset in Somerville, RWJUH- Hamilton, RWJUH- Rahway and Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston; three acute care children’s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children’s Specialized Hospital), a freestanding 100-bed behavioral health center, trauma centers, a satellite emergency department, ambulatory care centers, geriatric centers, the state’s largest behavioral health network, comprehensive home care and hospice programs, fitness and wellness centers, retail pharmacy services, a medical group, multi-site imaging centers and an accountable care organization.
RWJBarnabas Health Medical Group is a multispecialty group practice comprised of highly trained and experienced world class primary and specialty care physicians. RWJBarnabas Health Medical Group physicians provide compassionate and innovative cutting-edge care for people at every stage of life at easily accessible facilities conveniently located throughout New Jersey. Backed by the vast continuum of resources of RWJBarnabas Health, the largest not-for-profit integrated health care delivery system in New Jersey and one of the largest in the nation, our dedicated physicians and expertly trained supporting staff continuously strive for clinical excellence.
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person