Aerofit LLC is a leading supplier of Aerospace fluid fittings and their installation tools to all the major aircraft manufacturers, and we are actively developing new products to support our customers. We are a Consolidated Aerospace Manufacturing (CAM) company and we have a reputation for superior customer service and a great quality of work environment.
We are currently growing our in-house Engineering staff and are looking for a talented Project Engineers to join our team. If you are a “hands on” multi task team player, and looking for a way to accelerate your career, and be part of a great company, this may be an opportunity for you. Come join the team at Aerofit!
Aerofit, LLC. is seeking Project Engineers that will lead product development projects and will ensure timely and efficient completion of engineering projects to achieve company, customer and product reliability and cost objectives. This individual will plan, schedule and coordinate resources within Engineering, Manufacturing, Suppliers and Test Lab while taking an active role in the actual design of the product. This position reports to the Product Development Manager. Positions available for both experienced and entry level engineers.
The responsibilities of this position primarily are focused on the design and qualification of new products and the related tooling from concept through commercialization, as well as modifications and application expansion activities of other legacy products. This activity is done in conjunction with the entire team consisting of the customer, (Boeing, Airbus, Lockheed, Northrop etc.) design engineers, quality engineers, manufacturing engineers and suppliers. The role is a combination of engineering and project management responsibilities. Much of the qualification testing is actually done in our internal qualification laboratory.
- Utilizes project management software, concurrent-engineering principles, design for manufacture and design for assembly.
- Keeps abreast of new product developments within the industry in order to ensure that company products continue to advance the state-of-the art.
- Develops project objectives by reviewing internal and external performance specifications and standards.
- Creates project plans and timelines by studying product design and performance requirements. Ensures projects meet schedule commitments, cost results and technical expectations through effective project leadership and coordination.
- Prepares a written technical plan to initiate the project and a written report to finalize the project. Maintains frequent formal and informal interface within the company and with customers to present project status.
- Applies engineering principles and researches, designs, develops concepts, and oversees the testing of fittings and tooling systems that meet established parameters including cost, envelope, manufacturability, and quality.
- Controls the project plan by reviewing any changes in technical requirements and recommending actions to achieve milestones.
- Ensures consistent engineering standards, processes and documentation methods are used in project deliverables. Establishes and maintains project files and related information to provide archive of project activities.
- Performs and/or assigns, checks, and coordinates personnel engaged in the preparation of detail drawings.
- Works with short-run-shop personnel to develop product prototypes and methods of tooling needed to produce products.
- Resolves engineering problems, which surface throughout the development cycle and in response to customer requests.
- Oversees and reviews the preliminary stress calculations and tolerance studies.
- Schedules design reviews.
- Assumes final responsibility for project schedules and budget. Responsible for interpreting customer requirements for new projects.
- Maintains a safe and clean environment by adhering to and enforcing Company and State procedures, rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Knowledgeable in the use of MS Office and MS Project.
- Solid Modeling experience, preferably SolidWorks
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Project management skills - organized with the ability to support multiple concurrent projects.
- Strong mechanical knowledge
- Knowledge of basic structural, thermal and modal analysis of mechanical components is required.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes for metallic aerospace products. (milling, turning, grinding, lapping, stamping, forging, casting, molding, EDM, ECM, welding, brazing, heat treating, etc.)
- Knowledge of aerospace materials and coatings.
- Previous experience in an engineering environment (Internship or employment)
- Experience in hydraulics preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 3 – 5 years of related experience.
- FEA experience
An ideal candidate would demonstrate the following behaviors
- Integrity - Thinks about and does what is right, raises concerns or asks questions when something doesn’t seem right, and always keeps commitments.
- Entrepreneurship - Works on things that matter and knows why they matter, acts with a sense of urgency to capture opportunities or deal with problems and envisions long term implications of decisions.
- Open to knowledge & change: Invites, values, and seriously considers different ideas, opinions, and points of view, disagrees constructively when it may lead to a better way and always leads and drives positive change
We offer an excellent benefits package which includes vacation and holidays, along with medical, dental, vision, and life insurances. We also offer our employees an attractive 401k plan with generous matching. Join a great team in an exceptional work environment.
We are located in Fullerton close to the 91 and 57 freeways.
Walk in candidates, please note that we are located at 1425 S. Acacia Ave. Fullerton, CA 92831, which is in the building behind 1415 S. Acacia Ave.
Please feel free to visit our website at www.aerofit.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time