POSITION TITLE: Customer Service Specialist
Responsible for answering and directing phones. Will assist with group changes; add/deletes from Carriers. Responding to group/member questions and issues.
Standards of Performance:
- Support and incorporate the company mission, “To exceed the expectations of the individuals and companies that we serve,” and core values into daily activities.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with co-workers through, honesty, respect, responsibility, and integrity.
- Work well in a team to achieve overall company goals.
- Demonstrate positive client interaction, effective communication, respect, and integrity.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information.
- Is dependable, presentable, punctual, and prepared to perform all duties of the position.
An outline of responsibilities and position duties follows. This is not a comprehensive list. Other duties will be assigned as needed:
· Deal directly with customers and assigned accounts either by telephone and/or email, fax, or mail.
· Answer telephone calls/emails in a timely manner. Provide follow up if issue not resolved immediately. All calls/emails are responded to within two working hours.
· Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint or inquiry, determining the cause of problem/inquiry, selecting, and explaining the best solution to solve the problem/inquiry, expediting correction or adjustment, following up to ensure resolution.
· Document all customer interactions and record details of inquiries, comments, and complaints in AgencyBloc.
· Organize workflow to meet customer timeframes.
· Communicate and coordinate with internal departments.
· Complete enrollments, terms and changes within 24 hours unless end of month, in which case they should be completed the same day as received.
· Carry out and follow up on all assigned CopyTalks.
· Assist clients with Medicare or individual policies as the need arise, once licensed and Medicare Certified.
The Customer Service Specialist works closely with all departments and will directly report to the Branch Manager. The Customer Service Specialist is expected to develop work assignments as necessary to better the performance of the agency and to respond to all work assignments given by the Branch Manager. The Branch Manager and General Manager will evaluate his/her performance periodically, at the managements’ discretion.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma, general education degree or equivalent preferred. Knowledge of customer service principles and practices. Must be computer proficient with experience in Excel, Word, and Outlook. Knowledge of health insurance and life insurance a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Thrive in a dynamic, high stress environment, be open to new ideas, and have the ability to analyze a variety of working documents.
· Must work with a high degree of flexibility, accuracy, and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment with numerous deadlines and pressures.
· Must be a team player.
· Possess excellent interpersonal, communication and written skills.
· Possess superior organizational and time management abilities.
· Demonstrate an ability to work independently and as a self-starter in a team-oriented environment and work congenially with staff.
· Demonstrate ability to multi-task, meet crucial deadlines, have initiative, creativity.
· Have professional maturity to respond to urgent matters and/or crisis situations, as needed.
· Be genuine in commitment to the fulfillment of the agency.
· Ability to relate to and work effectively with diverse groups.
· Must be able to use a multi-line phone system, proficient computer skills, and able to take direction.
Working Hours and Conditions:
This position requires a Monday – Friday, 20 hours per week (hours; flexibility with prior approval) with long periods of sitting at a desk. Some travel may be required for enrollments.
· Life and Health license within 90 days
· Certified Exchange Producer training annually
· AHIP certification annually
· BCBS/Humana Medicare training annually
The Customer Service Specialist position is an hourly position. Hourly wage for this position $18-$21 per hour, based on experience.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 - $21.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
Communication method(s) used:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Answer incoming customer inquiries
- Collaborate with management teams to stay updated on new products, services, and policies
- Record customer information within our customer service database
- Engage with clients in a friendly and professional manner while actively listening to their concerns
- Offer support and solutions to customers in accordance with the company's customer service policies
- Other duties as requested
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Social distancing guidelines in place