Omni Strategic Technologies, an integrated business technology solutions provider, is seeking an experienced full-time Tier III System Engineer to join its Wheeling, WV team. The ideal candidate must possess excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills; have the knowledge and ability to work on a wide array of client systems and networks; and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
Job Description Summary: The Tier III System Engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of systems, including customer-facing, on-premise networks as well as hosted/cloud environments. The Engineer also provides technical assistance to team members with system and network requests.
·Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, including the ability to deal with clients and colleagues of all backgrounds in a fast-paced, high-performance work environment
· Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information systems, management information sciences, or related technical field or equivalent by way of experience
· Possession of the required certifications for Tier II Network Engineer plus one or more of the following: Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
· At least 10 years of professional experience in a technology support and engineering role
· Knowledge of IT systems including servers, desktops, scripting, routers, switches, and firewalls
· Experience in server specifications, installations, configurations, and virtualizations
· Experience configuring Cisco switches, routers, and wireless devices
· Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to evaluate and manage changes, understanding their impact to systems, business, and users
· Demonstrated success with providing support and problem resolution with unfamiliar systems, software, and hardware
· Desire to continually learn new technologies and develop greater skill sets
· Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
·Patience and strong customer service skills
·Ability to communicate technical information and ideas in user-friendly language to clients
·Ability to travel to client site; valid driver’s license required.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Omni offers an excellent benefits package, including health, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401k. Omni offers a close-knit team environment where colleagues value one another. Omni is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
For initial consideration, please respond with a cover letter, resume, and list of professional references.
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: