Electrical engineer responsible for assisting in the retrofit of older transmission and distribution stations with new SCADA hardware and software for utility clients. Experience required in SCADA and substation design.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities include site visits, conceptual and detailed design creating/modifying/reviewing substation schematic drawings, wiring diagrams, one/three line drawings, and point lists.
- Candidate must have experience in transmission line, transformer and distribution protection and control, substation integration and automation, SCADA, as well as metering methods.
- Previous experience working with utilities engineering, operations, and testing departments is considered a plus.
- Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 1 year related work experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience performing substation integration and SCADA engineering related duties.
- The applicant must have the ability to work in a team environment to meet schedule deadlines and budget targets. Also, attention to detail with good communication, skills both written and verbal, is required.
- EIT preferred.
Learning on the Fly, Problem Solving, Intellectual Horsepower, Written Communications, Drive For Results, Decision Quality, Informing, Listening, Dealing with Ambiguity. Basic knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline
Job Type: Full-time