The Elevator Technology business area brings together the thyssenkrupp Group’s global activities in passenger transportation systems. With sales of 6.4 billion euros in fiscal 2013/2014 and customers in 150 countries, thyssenkrupp Elevator is one of the world’s leading elevator companies. With more than 50,000 highly skilled employees, the company offers innovative and energy-efficient products designed to meet customers’ individual requirements. The portfolio includes passenger and freight elevators, escalators and moving walks, passenger boarding bridges, stair and platform lifts as well as tailored service solutions for all products. Over 900 locations around the world provide an extensive sales and service network to guarantee closeness to customers.
thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas is the largest producer of elevators in the Americas, with more than 15,500 employees, in over 230 branch and service locations. thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas oversees all business for the operations in the United States, Canada, Central and South America. It is a subsidiary of thyssenkrupp Elevator AG.
thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas is
currently seeking an experienced Sales Representative - Modernization
to join our world class team in Phoenix, AZ.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for successfully bidding and securing modernization contracts, and developing and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing customers so that modernization jobs are completed profitably and the branch meets annual revenue goals
- Works in coordination with architects, general contractors, building managers and/or owners in the pre-bidding of modernization jobs, includes building strong customer relationships, and maintaining market awareness of projects and competitors
- Creates quoting and bidding packages by obtaining blueprints of proposed modernization, includes reviewing specs and labor with operations department for completeness and accuracy, and ensuring that jobs will be profitable for the branch
- Presents bids to customers and explains cost factors, emphasizing characteristics such as construction, performance, durability and appearance of equipment
- Conducts customer follow-up on all proposals
- Upon customer’s acceptance, coordinates submittal packages through the approval process and creates change orders as requested
- Visits project sites when necessary and works with operations department to ensure customer’s needs and deadlines are being met
- Maintains strong familiarity of company products by attending company training classes, and reviewing factory equipment updates and supplier goods
- Bachelor’s degree or; 1-2 years of related experience or training or; an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Elevator industry experience required
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and/or blueprint/drawings
- This position requires up to 25% travel
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions