AEG Worldwide is the world's leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world's largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG's divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Bowery Presents is the leading New York City-based concert promoter, whose mission is to bring the best artists to the New York City metropolitan area and venues spanning from Maine to the Gulf Coast, while providing the best concert experience for both fans and artists. Since its inception, The Bowery Presents has focused on artist development, consistently striving to advance artists like My Morning Jacket, Mumford & Sons, Sam Smith, and LCD Soundsystem from performing in intimate clubs to performing in sold-out arenas. As a trusted industry tastemaker, The Bowery Presents produces dynamic entertainment experiences at dozens of venues nationally, presenting more than 2,500 shows per year.
The General Manager is responsible for the overall management, promotion and operation of the facility including booking, private event sales, P&L/finance management, marketing, staffing, production maintenance and all related operations. Duties include providing leadership and direction to subordinate operating departments, management of both sales and operational staff, acting as liaison with venue ownership group, industry associates, governing agencies, communication media and the general public.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, supervising, compensation, succession planning and evaluating management, administrative, and supervisory staff. Determines and establishes organizational structure and personnel staffing requirements. Assures the development and maintenance of employee job descriptions, duties, responsibilities, and performance standards for all positions with provisions for timely and effective employee performance evaluations.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates and directs all activities and personnel. Engaged in maintaining and operating the facilities. Evaluates existing policies and procedures and recommends improvements for the facility and/or improve the efficiency and safety of operations.
- Oversee the development of annual operating budget, calendar, activities schedule, dates and hours of operations, projections for attendance and revenue.
- Prepares, implements and monitors a detailed program budget. Supervises cost accounting required of assigned events to include facility rental, box office fees, house equipment rentals, supplies and services purchased, event supervision, ushers, ticket takers, ticket sellers, security officers, announcers, parking attendants, stage managers and stage crew.
- Prepares and maintains required reports/records for venue ownership, government agencies, and upper management team.
- Provides for control of day-to-day operations, assuring the coordination of plans, programs and events and conducts post event operational and financial review and analysis.
- Ensures that all production/operations are conducted in accordance with applicable local, state and federal regulations such as OSHA and CalOSHA requirements.
- Organize operational meetings with accounting about financial projections and/or with staff and supervisors for training.
- Handle customer service via phone calls, email inquiries or website posts. Conduct the required investigation and have the issues resolved within a 24-hour turnaround time.
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year) in a related field
- 10 years of related work experience
- Must have management experience and exceptional leadership abilities
- Must have proven track record of developing and managing budgets
- Experience and knowledge in overseeing and maintaining the physical plant at a facility
- Computer savvy and proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written, listening and verbal communication skills
- Must be creative, detail-oriented person with an outgoing personality
- Experience with management, leadership and conflict resolution
- Knowledge of music industry preferred
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.