To be determined based on business unit needs. Classes may be offered during the day, evening and/or weekend. Please indicate your availability when applying for this position
Employ a range of suitable strategies to foster student learning in the clinical setting, maintain proper clinical-related records, and promptly assess student performance and appraise students of progress. Responsibilities may include teaching nights, and weekends. Teaches clinical component of a variety of courses in the associate degree or practical nurse programs.
- Prepares and delivers learning activities in order to achieve course outcomes
- Prepares course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments and handouts
- Evaluates and grades students’ class work, laboratory work, assignments, papers, and examinations
- Maintains and submits student attendance records, grades and other required documentation by specified deadlines
- Be available to students for coaching
- Periodic meetings with supervisors, division, or College, relative to teaching duties and training and development
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Completion of a professional nursing education program approved by a state board of nursing
- Minimum of 2 years current experience in the practice of nursing as a RN
- Current active, unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse in the state of Ohio
- Clinical experience in medical/surgical, obstetrical, pediatric, or psychiatric nursing; depending upon course content
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (or equivalent)
- Advanced communication (verbal, written and interpersonal) and organizational skills
- Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
- Master’s degree in Nursing (MSN)
This is a part-time (adjunct) faculty position. Adjunct faculty positions are ongoing pooled positions. Therefore, your materials will remain on file and be reviewed on an as needed basis.
In order to be considered for an Adjunct faculty position, these additional documents are required to be uploaded: Unofficial transcript & license/certifications (Based on requirements outlined in posting).
Special Instructions to Applicants:
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.