Traditional backup was not designed for today’s challenges of massive unstructured data growth, modern multi-cloud environments, and need for no up-front investments. Aparavi Active Archive helps organizations master out of control unstructured data growth with protection, retention, and archive. Delivering both on-premises and multi-cloud mobility, Aparavi delivers true storage independence, and together with an open-data format removes vendor lock-in forever. Aparavi slows secondary storage growth by 75% with guaranteed availability regardless of how long data is retained, and pays for itself in reducing secondary storage spend. A pay-as-you-go model based on usage eliminates up-front expenditures for a better return-on-investment.
We are expanding our team in Santa Monica and looking for someone with a startup mentality and a desire to dedicate themselves to creating and maintaining the absolute best infrastructure using the most leading-edge tools and practices.
Our company culture supports the philosophy that everyone’s contribution is critical. We believe that at the core of any successful team and business is simplicity and direct communication.
WHAT WE NEED:
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Deep experience in Data Retention & Archive industry with proven architectural skills and interests
- Full understanding of the backup API and how to capture all aspects of a file on a source file system
- High level of proficiency in VSS technologies and the understanding of snapshot technology implemented to support the backup API
- Comprehensive knowledge of file systems and underlying file system architectures
- 10 years of data storage industry experience in software engineering (Software Architect, Backend, Machine Learning, and/or Full Stack professional experience
- Deep experience with Node.js
- Experience implementing continuous development, integration and build and release processes with automation tool, Infrastructure management tools & large-scale web or mobile applications
- Knowledge of software quality assurance principles
- Bonus points for familiarity with HTML/CSS and UI/UX design (using React.js)
WHAT YOU GET:
- Work closely with the entire engineering team to design and develop Aparavi’s product by seeing the “big picture” in order to create architectural approaches for its design and implementation.
- Provide framework for the development of the Aparavi Software in order to produce best in class technical solution.
- Independently craft and protype initial designs and implement new technologies ensuring quality, security, modifiability, extensibility of all designs
- Collaborate with CTO, Engineer team & Product Management to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
- Collaborate with CTO & entire engineering team in the design of all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to the development team as well as all stakeholders (incl. executives)
- Ensure consistency with initial designs and prototypes
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to peers
- Regularly make specific determinations about system performance and respond with sense of urgency to review and fix bug reports.
- Review and repair legacy code.
- Proactively work with Quality Assurance to determine system problems.
- Trust from your peers, CEO and leadership team
- Be one of the 1st twelve employees of the team & take control and ownership of projects
- Opportunity to drive innovation within an industry that hasn’t changed in 30 years
- Positioned in the heart of silicon beach, share office space with some of the best and brightest startups the beach has to offer
- Flexible Telecommute Environment (Thurs & Friday)
- Generous Company Paid Premium Contribution (Medical, Dental, Vision insurance)
- 401k program
- Equity Incentive Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Membership to Cross Campus co-office locations across Los Angeles (dog friendly offices)
Apply today and connect on LinkedIn
~Tania Williams, Aparavi Human Resources
APARAVI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status