**Please note this is a year round internship.**
TDS Telecom is looking to hire a Billing Operations Intern
! The position is responsible for supporting various billing activities of our wireline and cable business units. Under direct supervision, this intern will provide assistance with recurring activities associated with customer invoice preparation, data gathering, monthly reporting, and cross departmental project initiatives
School is top priority so TDS offers very flexible schedules, while requiring you to work at least 15 - 30 hours per week.
As an organization, TDS knows that our own employees are some of the most talented individuals around which is why approximately 50% of our positions over the past year have been filled by internal candidates. This internship will not only give you the opportunity to apply what you are learning in school in a real-world business setting, but it will give you exposure to many other opportunities within the organization that can provide a long-term career path.
At TDS we don’t just invest in the success of our customers; we also invest in the success of our community. Local presence and connection to our community is vital to who we are at TDS. TDS has a laser focus on our customers that is supported by a great culture driven by the TDS mission and shared values. TDS strongly believes in partnering with local communities throughout the country and encourages all employees to participate in volunteer opportunities. In 2017 TDS had 543 employees volunteer and contribute in their neighborhoods.
Why Join TDS Telecom?
- #TDS has an Intern Employee Resource Group (ERG) with the purpose to support a diverse and inclusive community of interns by providing resources for development, opportunities for internal advancement and forums to connect with other interns. This group meets once a month and allows you to hear from other interns about their projects as well as leaders within the organization about their team. They host networking events to get you connected within the organization with the goal of finding full-time employment within TDS by graduation. Additionally, there are monthly social events with other interns throughout the Madison area
- An employer that places priority on employee development and training with a key focus on internal promotion
- Company culture emphasizes ethics & promotes a healthy life/work balance with a business casual work environment
- A challenging, fast-paced environment due to the continually evolving nature of the telecommunications industry and related technology
- Opportunity to work with talented and dedicated team members committed to each individual’s success
- TDS Telecom actively supports many local charities, University of Wisconsin activities, and community events and encourages all employees to participate in volunteer opportunities
- Obtain frequent exposure to, and interaction with, management across TDS Telecom
The Billing Operations Intern
may have responsibilities in one or more of the following areas:
- Support billing activities such as entering key billing data into customer accounts
- Prepare billing invoices for customers
- Track disputed accounts payable invoices
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and/or quarterly reporting
- Create and/or update process documentation
- Gather data from various sources to optimize efficiency and quality reporting
- Participate in cross-departmental projects
- Be a part of and engage in team discussions
- Earned or currently pursuing an Associates Degree (or higher) in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Successfully completed 2+ more semesters in accounting and/or finance
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel
- General knowledge of MS Word
- Experience with computers and various software packages (i.e. Windows environment, Microsoft Office Suite, Office 365, SharePoint) with an aptitude to learn new systems with instruction.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to identify business process improvement opportunities and escalate for evaluation
- Good organizational skills; ability to deal with multiple tasks and finish tasks in a timely manner
- Able to work both independently and on team assignments
- Self-motivated – able to follow detailed instructions and document results
- Solid work ethic and demonstrate ability to meet deadlines
- Desire toward continual self-development – seeks new challenges and ways to learn new processes and skill sets
- Consistently demonstrates a professional image and positive attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication