Universal Engineering Sciences has an opening for a Receptionist. Branch walk-in applicants are welcome.
We have been in business for over 50 years and we are the largest family owned firm of our kind in the US! Come be a part of our family. We have a great benefit package including medical, dental, 401k match and much more.
Receptionist on multi-line phone system as needed. Multiple general office duties including, but not limited to, copying, faxing, and posting of mail. The person needs to be reliable (responsibilities, tardiness, etc.) and have a good work ethic. They need to be able to cooperate and work well with co-workers and clients and they also should be able to listen, understand and follow instructions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to the following:
- Operates a multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls. Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Welcomes, greets and assists on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Receives all shipments and routes them to the correct personnel.
- Copies, seals, and mails reports to clients and to distribution.
- Regular, in-person attendance is a job requirement
- Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as coding and organizing monthly invoices.
- Assists other departments as needed.
- Possesses the ability to learn basic computer skills.
- Follows and supports all company safety procedures and policies.
**Other duties may be assigned**
Experience answering phones in a professional, customer-focused capacity including receptionist, call center, etc.
Excellent customer verbal and written customer service skills
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Experience with Microsoft Office products
Experience in a civil engineering firm
Experience with a multi-line phone system
Typing 40wpm or more
Universal Engineering Sciences is a Drug-Free Workplace.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job