Hicks & Company is looking for a highly motivated, senior archeologist to join our talented group. Our Senior Archeologist/Principal Investigator position offers the opportunity to be part of a multidisciplinary team of environmental professionals and to manage projects and develop business in the cultural resources management field. Candidates must have excellent communication skills, a commitment to quality work, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team. This is a full-time, salaried position in Austin with travel throughout Texas.
Important aspects of the position:
- Serving as Principal Investigator (PI) and primary author for archeological survey reports, research designs, and other technical documents;
- Obtaining and managing Antiquities Permits from the THC (with no defaulted permits);
- Managing and conducting archeological fieldwork investigations (Phases I, II, and III), including supervising field crews;
- Technical report writing, including constraints analyses, background studies, and archeological survey reports;
- Marketing, developing and managing clients, and leading and participating in proposal efforts;
- Supervising and mentoring cultural resources staff in the field, in the office, and in the lab.
Minimum qualifications and experience include:
- M.A. or M.S. in archeology, anthropology, or related field;
- Must meet the Secretary of Interior professional qualification standards in Archeology;
- 5 + years of relevant work experience is required, including supervising projects in Texas;
- TxDOT experience and 2.10.1 pre-certification is required;
- Working knowledge of relevant regulations, including Section 106, the Antiquities Code of Texas, and NEPA;
- Strong relationships with THC staff;
- Proficiency in marketing, business development, client management, and large proposal efforts;
- Experience in preparing project cost-estimates and managing projects to completion within budget;
- Ability and willingness to travel;
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs. and work in various terrain and weather conditions;
- Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills;
- Proficiency in using MS Office Suite and experience with database management;
- Experience with using GPS devices as well as the ability to interpret GIS data;
- Ability to work independently.
This position offers a challenging and important role on a team with a commitment to quality work. We offer great benefits, a positive work environment, and the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally. Salary is commensurate with experience. Hicks & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Management: 5 years (Required)