At Automation Anywhere, we are passionate in our belief that Software Bots can free people to create, think, discover, and ultimately build great companies. With our Digital Workforce platform, we are contributing to build a Digital Workforce, 3M strong, by 2020. Our platform includes Robotic Process Automation, Cognitive technologies and Analytics and is adopted by over 500 of the world’s leading enterprises and many are calling it one of the most essential and disruptive technologies in the market today.
Automation Anywhere, Inc. is seeking an Intellectual Property Attorney to join its legal team, reporting to the General Counsel. A successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of AAI’s intellectual property development, acquisition, and defense as well as supporting other legal and business activities with regard to intellectual property matters. This position is in San Jose, CA.
- Take a leading role in shaping AAI’s IP portfolio development strategy
- Coordinate and lead patent harvesting activities
- Actively collaborate with outside patent counsel to draft and prosecute high-quality patents
- Provide IP support on other legal matters (e.g., licensing discussions, acquisitions)
- Support litigation activities relating to intellectual property
- Advise management on intellectual property issues
- A JD degree, state bar membership and eligibility to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- 7+ years of relevant experience with a demonstrated ability to oversee all aspects of IP portfolio development and protection
- Strong academic background in engineering (electrical engineering or computer science background preferred)
- Willingness to develop deep expertise in the company’s technology
- Creative problem solving ability with the judgement to effectively balance risk with commercial goals
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.