- Communication Skills
- Administrative Experience
Reporting to the Vice-President of Project Management, with latitude for independent judgment and discretion, the Deputy Director will provide management and oversight to the assigning of construction field staff to projects throughout the City of New York.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Direct the work assignments for a large staff of field professionals engaged in managing the timely and cost-effective implementation of capital projects.
2. Coordinate the activities of and assign the field inspection work to the Project Management Department field staff.
3. Ensure availability of field staff to respond to emergencies and inquires as needed.
4. Monitor progress of construction to ensure adequate coverage at all active construction sites.
5. Prepare coverage reports for the VP of Project Management.
6. Determine the level of coverage required for each project based upon approved protocols.
7. Collaborate with Executive Project Managers to coordinate work and balance resources.
8. Manage a team of field specialists, whose specific disciplines may be required on a particular project.
9. Develop policies and protocols to ensure field staff provide necessary and appropriate coverage.
10. Ensure consistent level of performance by all field staff. Obtain training as needed for execution of required field duties such as preparation of daily reports, reviewing payments, preparing change orders, etc.
11. Track field staff activities and work deliverables in the CPD electronic project management system.
NOTE: IF THIS APPOINTMENT IS MADE ON A PROVISIONAL BASIS PURSUANT TO §65 OF THE NYS CIVIL SERVICE LAW, NO TENURE OR PERMANENCE ACCRUES TO AN INCUMBENT IN THIS POSITION BY VIRTUE OF SUCH APPOINTMENT.
NOTE: This position is open to qualified persons with a disability who are eligible for the 55-a Program. Please indicate in your cover letter that you would like to be considered for the position under the 55-a Program. For detailed information regarding the 55-a Program, please visit the following link: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloads/pdf/psb/100_1.pdf
Please read this posting carefully to make certain you meet the qualification requirements before applying to this position.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. Seven years of full-time, paid experience in the management of the maintenance and repairs of private or public residential, commercial or industrial real estate properties, building construction inspections or field inspections and investigations requiring the gathering and reporting of housing or building data or full journeyman-level experience in the building trades as a mason, carpenter, plasterer, iron worker, plumber, at least 18 months of which must have been in a managerial or administrative capacity; or
2. Five years of experience, as described in "1" above, at least 18 months of which must have been in a managerial or administrative capacity, plus two years of education in an accredited college or technical school in a construction program or education towards a baccalaureate degree in a related field of Engineering, Architecture or Engineering Technology; or
3. At least two years of experience, as described in "1" above, at least 18 months of which must have been in a managerial or administrative capacity, plus an approved five year apprenticeship in housing inspection; or
4. Completion of three years of apprenticeship in housing inspection, plus either four years of experience as described in "1" above, at least 18
months of which must have been in a managerial or administrative capacity or two years of experience as described in "1"above, at least 18 months of which must have been in a managerial or administrative capacity and two years of education as described in "2" above; or
5. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1", "2", "3", or "4" above. All candidates must have at least two years of experience as described in "1" above, at least 18 months of which must have been in a managerial or administrative capacity. Six months of experience will be credited for each year of apprenticeship in the building trades up to a maximum of two years of the general experience.
1. Eight (8) plus years of experience managing multiple construction projects simultaneously and/or requirement contracts with each project exceeding $10 million in value.
2. Professional Engineer or Registered Architect.
3. CCM or PMP certification.
4. Exceptional leadership abilities.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
1. Employees serving in the title of or who meet the qualification requirements for Administrative Construction Project Manager and Administrative Project Manager will also be considered.
2. Candidates may be given a skills assessment as part of the interview process.
3. NYCHA employees applying for promotional, title or level change opportunities must have served a period of one year in their current title and level (if applicable).
4. NYCHA residents are encouraged to apply.
Click the "Apply Now" button.
NYCHA has no residency requirements.