****IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A POSITION WITH US PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION ON OUR WEBSITE, JOBS.KROGER.COM. TYPE IN 53066 IN THE LOCATION BOX AND REVIEW JOBS AT THE 493 LOCATION****
Provide a clean, safe distribution facility every day of the year. Maintain compliance with all federal, state, and local regulatory agency rules and regulations. Ensure compliance with all General Office requirements as it pertains to sanitation and safety. Provide necessary training and proactive solutions for the sanitation crew, warehouse management and hourly associates on the causes for shrink and related product damage and to recommend procedures to avoid damage and shrink. Develop, inspect, and coordinate all cleaning functions of the facility and grounds. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide a clean and safe distribution facility.
- Ensure staffing and practices are in place to achieve a superior sanitation and safety rating.
- Provide training for sanitors and a subsequent learning environment to teach all management personnel about critical needs in the area of sanitation, food safety and shrink prevention.
- Create and maintain a culture where sanitors work to achieve a zero-accident rate.
- Maintain involvement with all G.O., state, federal and local inspectors during sanitation inspections, noting any problem areas and addressing issues with immediate implementation of corrective action.
- Create an environment where the mind set of continuous improvement is recognized as a desired behavior trait; inspire and support improvement changes.
- Maintain the high standards of professionalism and Customer 1st excellence with our stores and associates.
- Create a competitive, responsive, and more informed workforce through meaningful communication and more involvement of results-oriented management/labor committees for process change.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- 4 years of supervisory experience
- Comparable position or experience
Desired Previous Job Experience/Education:
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED Desired
Required Travel: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Regions: Any; General Office- Cincinnati; Mid-Atlantic; Midwest; Mountain; South; West
Jobs at Kroger Logistics: Kroger Logistics is a best-in-class supply chain team that services our more than 2,500 grocery and convenience stores that stretch coast-to-coast across the U.S., including Alaska. We are comprised of more than 30 distribution centers, regional freight centers, transportation and office locations. In Kroger Logistics, we offer career opportunities in Safety, Professional Driving, Warehouse Operations, International Logistics, Engineering, Supply Chain and Human Resources. If you are looking for an ever-changing, fast-paced environment focused on supporting our Customer 1St Strategy, we welcome your online application.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Job Type: Full-time
- sanitation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
Typical start time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required