Nystrom & Associates, Ltd. is a team of mental health professionals that specialize in psychiatric evaluations, clinical social work, and family therapy. We are committed to helping patients in our community who are experiencing personal, emotional, marriage, family or psychological problems. Founded in 1991, we offer an intensive outpatient chemical dependency program, psychological testing, and behavioral health and medication management services.
We are currently seeking a Full-Time Scheduling Coordinator
for our fast-paced, teamwork-oriented Arden Hills Call Center
! In this role, you will be on the front line of answering calls and scheduling appointments. Scheduling coordinators answer calls in a friendly, welcoming, and timely manner; schedule appointments for various locations and programs, verify demographic information, and execute registration duties. Other duties include the following:
- Answer an average of 75-100 telephone calls per day to schedule appointments for new or current patients with a mental health clinician within our agency
- Verifies and updates patient demographic data while scheduling appointments
- Communicates with the business office /collect client co-payments over the phone as needed
- Any other projects that Call Center Management may assign
Key Attributes of a successful candidate:
- Must be comfortable utilizing de-escalation skills when communicating with patients in crisis
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Proficient computer skills and experience using Microsoft Office
- Strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- An interest in psychology, counseling, the behavioral sciences, social work, or healthcare is strongly preferred
- Previous office experience working on a large team is strongly preferred
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Customer Service skills – an empathetic, active listener, who has strong follow through skills.
- De-Escalation – at times, Scheduling Coordinators will take calls from individuals in a crisis of some kind, the ability to utilize de-escalation skills in those situations is key.
- Critical thinking skills – the ability to think creatively, problem solve, work independently, and identify the issues a patient may be calling in regards to and how to best address their question or concern.
- Interest in Mental Health – previous education in, professional, or personal experience working with individuals who have a mental health diagnosis.
- The Ability to take Feedback well – must be able to listen to feedback or constructive criticism from supervisors or coworkers and apply it to themselves.
Nystrom & Associates, Ltd. prides itself on the benefits and compensation offered to staff, including:
- Medical & Dental insurance
- Opportunities for professional growth
and career advancement
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Health Savings Account (HSA)
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for applicable medical and dependent care expenses
401(K) Retirement Plan with a generous employer matching program
Supplemental insurances, such as short term disability, cancer insurance, and accident insurance
Tuition discounts with select schools!
In order to apply for this position, please complete the online application at https://www.nystromcounseling.com/careers/. Once you have completed the online profile, attach your resume and cover letter in the tab title resume. Thank you in advance for your interest in joining our team here at Nystrom & Associates, Ltd. one of our Human Resources representatives will reach out shortly.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties, please use Internet Explorer. If you are continually unable to submit your profile or application due to technical difficulties, please email human resources with your position of interest, cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
Keywords: customer service, customer care, call center, call center agent, customer focus, scheduling, scheduling coordinator, scheduling staff, administrative assistant, office assistant, clerical, mental health, counseling, psychology, healthcare, entry-level, medical receptionist, medical reception, medical scheduling, wellness, public health, community health, chemical dependency, psychiatry, marriage and family therapy, social work, customer service. IND123