At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
The Cards & Retail Services team helps customers achieve their financial dreams by providing a variety of products across the credit spectrum. We deliver industry-leading rewards, offers and benefits that recognize and celebrate our customers' relationship with Wells Fargo. Our customers all have unique goals and dreams - whether preparing for a home improvement project, shopping for a new sofa or kitchen table or meeting healthcare and dental needs. Others just want a financial tool that allows them to make everyday purchases while earning rewards. Our team works together with groups across the company, including the bankers in our 6,200 banking stores, to provide financing in the form of general-purpose cards, co-branded cards and private-label and industry cards. Our team is 6,700 strong, working in communities across the nation, and focused on doing our very best to help our customers succeed financially.
CRS has significant needs for support from the Strategy and Analytics organization. The size and band-width of the current team creates an opportunity to help plan and prioritize cross-discipline projects and data needs. This role will help the Head of Strategy and Analytics coordinate team efforts and activities and allow the organization to better react to changing business needs.
This role will be at individual contributor level but will join the Strategy and Analytics leadership team in order to fully support that team. The successful candidate will need to lead cross-functional teams for projects that require special focus by the Head of Strategy and Analytics. This position requires strong communications and interpersonal skills, significant experience leading teams, working with systems of records, solving complex business problems, and leading process and organizational change. This role requires the skill set and maturity to be able represent the Strategy and Analytic Leadership team in meetings with senior business leaders and partners when the Head of Strategy and Analytics is unavailable. This unique skill set will provide greater bandwidth to the entire team and will provide more efficiency among the CRS Decision Science team.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Project prioritization and resource management – Work with the Head of Analytics to leverage the Analytics In- Take tool to ensure consistent prioritization of projects based on business needs. Align team resources needed to meet business demands.
- Analytic project management – Work with cross-functional strategy and analytic teams on high priority business needs that require close coordination to drive to completion. Enhance communication and establish rigor to project management.
- Business Planning – Work closely with the Head of Strategy and Analytics to develop and track team MBOs and business priorities. Work with the leadership team on tracking and reporting on progress against goals.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a desire to leverage their cross line of business vantage point to assist CRS leaders with portfolio prioritization and management. In addition, they will demonstrate:
- Subject Matter Credibility - Create a solid foundation for efficient portfolio management/business planning capabilities.
- Leadership – A strong organizational leader who can build credibility with line and staff executives in the project and portfolio management space, which is highly visible in the organization.
- Change Agent – An open minded Team Member that will foster acceptance and identify opportunities in the new planning and investment environment.
*** Posted locations preferred but will consider applicants located in other locations within the Wells Fargo Footprint
8+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: business support, project management, implementation, business operations or strategic planning in financial services
Other Desired Qualifications
- Project/Program management experience with expertise in planning the delivery of analytic projects/requests
- Previous project prioritization and resource management including intake processes
- Extensive experience working with and preparing presentations for executive leaders
- Ability to derive insights across channels to improve customer segmentation and targeting efforts
- Previous experience serving as a change agent and change advocate for broader teams
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence others, build effective partnerships, and deliver outstanding results with a focus on accuracy.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills Finance and Investment Optimization expertise
- Motivated self-driver who develops, maintains and expands relationships through the delivery of high quality work.
- Cooperative individual who easily gains trust and support of others; quickly finds common ground and tries to solve problems collaboratively
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities and track record of high performance in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Develop and present analytical findings and recommendations to wide range of audiences
- Strong analytical, math, and problem-solving skills
- MBA or quantitative graduate degree preferred
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.