The GDIT Corporate IT Services organization develops, delivers, and maintains the IT solutions that enable the success of the GDIT business. Within this organization, the IT PMO provides portfolio, program, and project management services across the GDIT CIO organization.
Reporting to the IT PMO Lead, the Senior IT Project Manager (PM) leverages the PMO processes aligned with IT Governance to manage and drive projects from requirements development through the lifecycle to operations. The Senior IT PM is directly responsible to work collaboratively with functional and technical project team members, a variety of business and IT executives and third-party partners to achieve current and future highly complex business systems and program objectives.
• Superior Project planning, execution, and control for high visibility, high priority initiatives
• Manage assigned resources in a strong matrixed organization
• Work with stakeholders to build solid business cases and ensure project scope definition meets business objectives
• Manage large, transformative enterprise IT infrastructure initiatives that impact multiple LOBs and/or products
• Identifying and managing to the critical path and milestones of a schedule
• Identification of risks which impact program and project deliverables with follow through on mitigation, resolution and path to green.
• Adhere to PMO project management processes and procedures.
• Direct the communication of status and issues to all stakeholders, including senior management, on a timely basis
• Prepare and report project status on a regular basis, including metrics needed for various groups
• Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously
• Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
• Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
• Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
• Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the PMO organization
• Coach and mentor junior PMs and team members in project management planning and execution activities
1. Bachelors Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
1. Minimum of eight (8) to ten (10) years in a Senior Project Manager role successfully delivering various IT solutions in an enterprise setting.
2. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
3. Extensive experience in program, project, and portfolio management including experience with the functions within program and portfolio management such as budget management, resource management, demand planning and change management
4. Active PMP Certification
5. Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal, and presentations
6. Desired Qualifications:
a. ITIL Certification
b. Masters Degree
c. Agile Training/Knowledge/Certification
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.