Full Job Description
Boerne Mens Clinic, LLC is a growing family practice in Boerne, Texas. We are servicing the Boerne and greater San Antonio area. We are looking for a medical biller and coder with experience handling claims, denials, and the process of collecting outstanding balances from patients.
· Ensures accurate entry and submission of all claims and timely collections in accordance with third-party contract terms and client co-pays.
· Credential clinic with insurance companies.
· Follow up on unpaid claims within standard billing cycle timeframe
· Check each insurance payment for accuracy and compliance with contract
· Insurance verification
· Verifies accuracy of billing data and reports, ensuring Explanation of Benefits EOBs are filed appropriately.
· Responds to billing inquiries and correspondence from clients and insurance companies.
· Updates record of correspondence regarding receivables.
· Completes paperwork to initiate collections process for bad debts, as directed.
· Participates in meetings with Controller for Accounts Receivable management.
· Identifies and address problems as they arise, including answering questions and obtaining answers for all reimbursement issues.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education/Experience: Minimum of 6 months medical billing or equivalent training
Certification/License: Medical Insurance Billing and Coding Certification
Training: Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
Background check clearance
Characteristics of a Alpha Employee: Strong work ethic, including accountability; Interest in business; Durability and flexibility; Interest in job and career development; Excellent people skills; Team player; Integrity; Independent thinking; Action oriented.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $12.00 - $23.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- ICD-10: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote