Marketing and Communications Manager
Americas-United States of America-California-San Francisco
Marketing and Communications Manager
Location: San Francisco, CA- United States
Job ID: 18WD30462
We are looking for an experienced marketing communications professional to support marketing platform components and programs throughout the company’s software development teams, as well as internal communications within the Cloud Platform group. This person will architect and author a range of internal and external customer reference stories to accelerate broad adoption of Autodesk’s platform technologies and programs inside and outside the company. This person will focus on driving adoption by Autodesk’s own development teams across the company and will survey developers on their satisfaction with and needs for platform components and infrastructure. The role also includes collaboration with the company’s Business Strategy and Marketing team responsible for the production of references that showcase external customers and third-party developers adoption of the Forge platform.
Candidates should be strategic and creative thinkers, with a strong background in marketing communications and customer reference programs. Background in cloud technology and platform business model is desired. This position also supports the Vice President of Cloud Platform who leads the organization. This role will report to the Senior Manager of Strategic Communications.
- Develop and drive internal “customer” reference efforts to drive adoption
- Survey internal development team satisfaction on the Forge platform
- Promote and communicate the cloud platform components to internal developers
- Collaborate with and mentor external Forge customer reference program and marketing efforts
- Build partnerships with key internal stakeholders
- Build partnerships with corporate communications teams to develop internal communications in advance of major company initiatives and announcements
- Support larger communications efforts to keep the organization informed, aligned, and inspired
- 8-10 years of experience in customer reference marketing and communications or related field
- Exceptional editorial, writing, copy-editing and project management skills
- Experience blending traditional customer marketing communications tactics with new media, including enterprise collaboration and social platforms
- Expert at translating internal team success into accessible, engaging and easy-to-understand language that resonates with other technical teams and drives adoption
- Strong project management skills; proven focus and discipline, attention to detail and ability to successfully manage multiple projects and deliverables at the same time
- Strong combination of strategic acumen and “hands-on” orientation; willingness to roll up sleeves and get the work done
- Ability to communicate effectively and at all levels in a global organization and build and nurture cross-functional relationships and partnerships
- Ability to influence without authority, across functions, geographies and levels
- Ability to be flexible, pro-active, work under deadlines, and ensure quality and accuracy
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and also work collaboratively on a team
- Understanding of cloud and platform business models and technologies is a plus
- Knowledge of PowerPoint and video production
- Four-year college degree (BS or BA), preferably in English, communications or journalism
With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It's disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital scientists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world.