For more than forty years the Martin Healthcare Group (www.theMHG.com) has partnered to provide customized quality patient care across the healthcare continuum.
Position Overview / Summary
The Patient Account Follow-Up Specialist is primarily responsible for performing effective account follow up for third party payers and self-pay patients. This includes contacting insurance companies via phone or web site to track the status of aged claims. The person is also responsible for calling patients to collect on self-pay accounts. This includes taking payments and making payment arrangements per the department protocol and procedures.
Essential Functions (Including, but not limited to)
- Perform effective account follow up with third party payers by making phone calls and using the internet to obtain claim information.
- Effectively follow up with self-pay patients by processing payments and setting up payment plan arrangements per office policy.
- Correct claim denial errors that are received via correspondence and posted in the billing systems from EOBs.
- Answer patient phone calls to address billing and other questions they may have.
- Keep abreast of all current coding CPT, ICD-10, HCPCS rules
- Process appeals by ordering charts, correcting claims data errors, and working with department coders to ensure accurate billing.
- Perform registration of patient data in various systems.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum two years of experience in a billing service, physician office or in-patient setting
- Two year degree preferred; experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Know the difference between a HCFA 1500 and UB04
- Proficiency with MS Excel and other MS Office software
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced and high volume environment
We offer a full benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), FSA options, company-paid life and long-term disability, and paid time off.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 /hour
- Medical Billing And Coding: 2 years (Preferred)