Shift Starts at 4am PST, and may require travelling.
About MSI. Founded in 1975, MSI is the leading supplier of Premium Surfaces including flooring, countertops, decorative mosaics, wall tile and hardscaping products. MSI’s product offering includes an extensive selection of granite, marble, porcelain, ceramic, quartz, glass, quartzite, and other natural stone products headquartered in Orange, California.
MSI believes its Information Technology (IT) department to be the bedrock of its organization. We invest greatly in IT as a testament to its importance in further expanding our business. Full of excitement for all that is virtualization, distributed computing, web services, micro servers, and content delivery networks, MSIs IT department is at the cutting edge of technology. With a proven record for successful project completions, we are looking for diverse, energetic, and enthusiastic candidates to help us excel and grow our internal infrastructure. For more information on MSI, visit: www.msistone.com
We provide our employees with great benefits that feature programs like employee medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k contribution (up to 4% of your base salary), as well as vacation time. MSI is looking for a skilled professional to fill our Junior Database Administrator (DBA)in our Orange, CA location.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to do the following:
- Monitor performance of database systems resources and query throughput
- Optimize SQL Code as necessary
- Monitor and maintain database storage resources
- Monitor and maintain database maintenance plans for backups, index rebuild/defragment, and database statistics
- Maintain database documentation as required
- Maintaining the tuning, indexing and performance of our existing database infrastructure
- Perform database Ad-hoc backups and restores
- Trouble shoot and resolve database connectivity and performance issues
- Scheduling jobs and job monitoring
- Assist in testing new or changed software/database processes and procedures before they are released to users.
- Follow Change Management processes to implement database changes
- Proactively monitor and respond to database Alerts.
- Ad-Hoc SQL Queries. Maintenance of existing SQL processes and procedures
- Assist with periodic changes, adjustments, or fixes to the existing queries, stored procedures, and SSIS packages
- On-call requirements to ensure 24 x 7 support of database operations
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Be a source of design insight as it relates to aesthetics, usability, web standards, accessibility and SEO
- Closely follow trends and developments in technology and integrate them into our environment and practices
- Execute all design - Collaborate with product, interaction and team on project requirements - Conduct user research and evaluate findings
- Performs additional duties as required and or requested.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 1 - 3 years’ experience in Information Technology, MS-SQL Server Database Administration
- At minimum an intermediate working knowledge of SQL (T-SQL)
- MySQL/Postgres is a plus
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Motivated self starter
- Academic background in Computer Science or Engineering is a plus * Strong organizational, analytical, and collaborative skills.
- Provide "after hours" support as required
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Able to work well with other team members
- Excellent documentation skills
- Capacity to develop a clear understanding of the business needs and incorporate these needs into technical solutions
- Ability to work under time constraints
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
If you possess the required skills and experience, we would love to meet you!
You can learn more about us online at www.msistone.com or submit your resume at https://www.msistone.com/careers/search?ln=Orange%2C+CA+Headquarters
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be considered for this position. Please do not apply unless you meet all requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
- Database Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- MSSQL: 1 year (Preferred)
- SQL: 1 year (Preferred)
- Troubleshooting: 1 year (Preferred)
- disaster recovery and database backup procedures: 1 year (Preferred)