Veterinarian Technician/Medical Manager (Part - time)
Darbster Foundation, a non profit kitty rescue is seeking a veterinarian technician experienced in rescue medicine to work with us in Manchester NH. Approximately 15 hours a week ideally in three shifts. Some flexible in regards to time of day. We are seeking a compassionate, responsive, mature detail oriented team member. We offer a nice and rewarding work atmosphere. Professional references required. Please respond with resume and cover letter indicating desired compensation.
- Review of transport cats medical prior to cats/kittens leaving FL. Alerting transport partners of issues. We use drop box for records.
- Coordination of fecal collection or dosing and deworming cats upon intake if present for intake in conjunction with the medical manager
- Working with the inhouse Vet twice a week on appointments.
- Do intake exams within 24 hours of kitten arrival – looking for BAR, fleas etc.
- Communicate with in house Vet if issues arise that need consultation (ie temp spike)
- Transporting cats to vet appointments when needed (or delegating to staff)
- Responsible for medication dispensing sheets and ensuring manager and employees are documenting said medicine. Communicating any issues with facility manager, Vet and ED if issues arise.
- Posting the master list with all cats on meds posted on the wall in ISO. Any cat with meds should have their medical folder stored in whatever area they are located in the facility (condo, QT, ISO, RW Room) with a treatment sheet of dates and times the meds are due
- Review all health records, med sheets, and checklists daily to ensure these are being completed and are accurate.
- Determining best practices in conjunction with VOR and documentation of processes.
- Answering any medical questions adopter may have in regards to special medical needs cats/kittens
- Weekly medical supply inventory communication to facility manager for ordering.
- Basic computer skills needed.
Job Type: Part-time
- veterinary technician: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- United States (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Day shift
Company's Facebook page: