W R Systems, Ltd. has a potential need for a Virtualization Infrastructure Engineer to providing the virtual server, desktop and storage infrastructure of accredited C4 networks.
Position responsibilities to include, but are not limited to the following:
Candidates must possess the following skills and experience:
- Provide engineering and installation support on a team responsible for designing, integrating, and improving the PM-Tactical Network’s infrastructure across various solutions.
- Responsible for support to the Army’s Regional Hub Node (RHN) O&M team to aid in implementation of solutions based on customer requirements.
- Implement VI strategies for the accredited C4 networks consistent with DoD and Federal guidance respectively.
- Create/review technical designs and make recommendations regarding the VI aspects of the solutions.
- Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of new products, and maintain knowledge of emerging technologies for application to the enterprise.
- Plan, design, and implement emerging technologies for added capabilities.
- Act as a technical lead, and provide cross-training and mentoring to existing engineering personnel in various fields.
- Brief senior leaders on current projects and decision briefs for roadmap emerging technologies.
- Document requirements and properly manage updates & deployments using existing change management processes.
- Participate in the identification and resolution of complex infrastructure problems (Tier 3 support) utilizing structured trouble-shooting tools and techniques.
- High School Diploma with 8-10 years of Network Security experience, Bachelor’s Degree with 4-6 years of experience, or Master’s degree with 2-4years
- Demonstrated experience with VMware vSphere (6.0/6.5), KVM and Hyper-V.
- Demonstrated experience with Citrix XenServer, XenDesktop and XenApp.
- Demonstrated experience with Windows Server 2012R2, Windows 7/10, REL 6/7.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and maintaining storage system products and IP-based storage protocols (e.g. NFS/iSCSI).
- Strong knowledge of Windows Active Directory and supporting technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must possess a current US Passport.
- This position is contingent upon contract and task order award*
Active Secret Security Clearance is required.
The selected candidate will support the organization's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: high standard of quality in conduct and performance; determination to achieve excellence; ownership; accountability; competence; collaboration; innovation; focus; drive; enthusiasm; mutual trust and respect; dedication; loyalty; and good citizenship.
W R Systems, Ltd. has a proven track record of high employee retention. We have been providing engineering, science and systems innovations, support and solutions to Public and Private sector since 1983. We encourage individual growth and provide a flexible work schedule with competitive benefit package. We acknowledge individual and group achievements through awards, bonuses, and various other formal and informal methods.
W R Systems, Ltd., is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any additional factors that are protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action / Minority / Female / Vet / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity