Iowa Sports Management is a company that offers a total scope of design, management and development services for the health club and spa industry. Our range of services is complete – from conception to operations. We design facilities, develop operational systems and provide ongoing management. ISM has grown to a company of more than 500 employees and manages over 40 properties, including some of the most prestigious sites in the New York metropolitan area. A longstanding client relationship is the trademark of Iowa Sports Management. Below is a job description of the Health Club Manager position.
HEALTH CLUB MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
Iowa Sports Management's Health Club Managers are responsible for managing, coordinating, and supervising all phases of operation including facility maintenance. He/she hires, schedules and supervises all staff. The Manager creates and implements the programming and activities schedule and if requested by ISM, responds on behalf of ISM to member communications. He/she communicates/liaises with any committees designated by ISM, and provides periodic activity report and any financial reports required by ISM.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe, clean, and friendly environment in the facility and pool.
- Manage and support all club staff, including scheduling, training, evaluation, performance management, etc. Maintain a presence at the facility. i.e. spot checks, check in phone calls, monitor time sheets etc.
- Remaining thoroughly apprised and familiar with all ISM and client policies and procedures.
- Training of all staff on daily club procedures including: emergency procedures, opening and closing routines, monitoring daily facility usage, completing incident logs, health inspection checklist, pool chemical readings, cleaning duties, and an hourly walkthrough protocol.
- Make sure all pool operation and chemicals are within the Department of Health regulations / standards.
- Daily attendance at the facility.
- Constant communication with supervisor and other ISM office personnel.
- Pick up payroll bi-weekly between the hours of 12:00-2:00pm and distribute to employees.
- Complete and review daily and monthly reports. i.e. pool readings, resident sign in.
- Ensure all fitness equipment is working properly on a daily basis.
- A little service goes a long way; learn members’ routines and habits - e.g.: if you know that the resident always uses a kickboard, take one out for them and train the lifeguard to do the same.
- Submitting necessary orders for chemical supplies, office supplies, and maintenance lists / repairs to supervisor for approval prior to submitting request to building management, as well as progress updates and completion of improvements.
- Plan and organize duties for staff assignments verbally and through a communication log book.
- Available and reachable by staff and management 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Subject to work odd hours (early mornings, late nights, and / or weekends).
- Have a working knowledge of swimming pool filter systems and be able to be in the presence of swimming pool chemicals such as chlorine, acid, etc.
- Ability to interact professionally with patrons regarding concerns, problems, or any other significant issues.
- Ability to be on your feet for up to 35 hours per week and lift in excess of 50lbs.
To learn more, visit www.iowasports.nyc
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $42,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED (Preferred)