We are immediately hiring a Behavior Interventionist in Laguna Niguel and surrounding areas to provide play-based ABA therapy to our families in the home, community, school, or clinic.
At Cortica, our mission is to design and deliver life-changing care – one child, one family, one community at a time. Ultimately, we envision a world that cultivates the full potential of every child. At Cortica, every team member is instrumental in helping us achieve our mission. Our culture and values guide how we work and treat one another. Cortica celebrates diversity and fosters an inclusive environment, seeking ideas and opinions from everyone on the team.
We are proud of our Company Culture (4.2 rating on indeed), Pay & Benefits (4.2 rating on indeed), and Work-Live Balance (4.0 rating on indeed). Our overall ratings on indeed 4.2 and Glassdoor 4.1.
Your Compensation & Benefits
Cortica cares deeply about the well-being of each team member! The culture and experience we create for our employees are of the utmost importance to us. Furthermore, we offer a wide range of benefits for full-time employees. Among the benefits offered by the company are medical, dental, vision insurance, 401Ks with company matching and rapid vesting, paid holidays and wellness days, life insurance, disability insurance options, tuition reimbursements for professional development and continuing education, and referral bonuses.
The base direct pay range for this opening is $20.97 to $28.13. According to your relevant experience, education level, and location, you will receive compensation that fits appropriately within the range. The indirect pay for this role is $15.50 per hour.
What You’ll Do
- Provide direct implementation of behavior-analytic services to children with autism spectrum disorder and other neurodevelopmental differences in both 1:1 and group settings
- Implement positive behavior strategies as developed and analyzed with the Board-Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
- Implement strategies with children including antecedent and consequence (reinforcement) strategies, based on developed treatment plans and strategies with their BCBA
- Work in the home, community, school, clinic or other designated settings with children and their families providing direct behavior-analytic care as determined in the child’s assessment and treatment plan
- Fulfill all documentation requirements including the use of data collection of strategies and goals, completion of session notes during the session
- Assist with individualized assessment procedures through preference assessments and data collection
What You Know
- You have experience working with Children ( Child Development, Camp Counselor, Paraprofessional, Behavioral Interventionist, ABA Therapist, Behavior Technician)
- You love to play
- You have a High School Diploma / GED or bachelor’s in human services (or related) or Masters
- You possess a valid Driver’s license (within the state you are working) and reliable transportation
- You are available part-time in the early and late afternoons (maybe an occasional Saturday)
- You are currently a Registered Behavioral Technician (RBT) or Board Certified Autism Technician (BCAT) or are willing to obtain the BCAT credential via Cortica’s training program within the first 45 days (will be paid training)
We are not just an ABA company; we are so much more…. Apply today to speak to the recruiter team about joining the team.
If you have considered a career in mental health (mental health technician), child development, as a social worker (criminal justice), special education consultant/special education, behavioral health (behavior technician/behavior interventionist) then this is a fantastic opportunity for you! Additionally, college students in pursuit of a bachelor’s psychology degree (psychology bachelors) are highly recommended to pursue a position as an ABA therapist to further understand developmental disorders such as Autism. This is just the beginning of the journey for an ABA therapist! We also hope to support those who are interested in becoming a BCBA (Board Certified Behavior Analyst), behavior specialist (behavioral specialist) or Applied Behavioral Analysis Adjunct Faculty. Immediately hiring – let’s team up on our journeys!
EOE. This posting is not meant to be an exhaustive list of the role and its duties. You are occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, climb, balance, kneel, crouch, or crawl; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Team members must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Please review the job description in the following link: https://bit.ly/3BanHNJ
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $20.97 - $28.13 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Laguna Niguel, CA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: On the road