WILBUR WRIGHT COLLEGE AND
HUMBOLDT PARK VOCATIONAL EDUCATION CENTER
The Financial Aid Department of Wilbur Wright College, one of the City Colleges of Chicago, seeks a College Financial Aid Advisor I to counsel and provide information to college applicants regarding student financial assistance programs.
- Counsels and advises students, parents, and other interested parties on the availability of student financial aid programs to assist in meeting college education costs.
- Interviews students applying for financial aid assistance, answers questions regarding eligibility requirements, and informs them of the types of financial aid available including grants, loans, and work/study programs.
- Assists students in completing financial aid applications and reviews submitted applications for accuracy and completeness.
- Uses a personal computer to verify student eligibility for Federal, State and college based financial aid assistance programs.
- Prepares and maintains manual and computerized permanent records and files of financial assistance awarded to students.
- Monitors students’ academic status to insure they continue to meet eligibility requirements for financial aid awards.
- Refers students for employment placement in work/study program.
- Maintains records, work reports and time sheets for students enrolled in work/study program. Acts as a field liaison explaining work/study program to potential employers, when applicable.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within six (6) months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
- Graduation from high school or the equivalent plus two years of college supplemented by at least two years of responsible clerical experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Some knowledge of applicable financial aid software. Knowledge of financial aid procedures in a college setting. Knowledge of financial aid programs.
- Ability to operate a personal computer; perform basic math computations; interpret college and financial aid policies and procedures.
- Good interviewing skills. Good verbal communication skills. Good human relations skills.
Job: Student Services
Primary Location: Wilbur Wright College
Employee Type: Full Time | Regular
Union Code: 1708Unit1
Job Posting: Jul 12, 2018, 1:35:57 AM