Responsible to successfully lead and grow a business unit(s) related to a particular geographic region. Ensure profitability, service quality, and provide strategic and tactical decisions of Asset Services regionally/nationally. Be a thought leader and business developer who will collaborate and partner with local business line leads (capital markets, agency leasing, tenant representatives, project management) to integrate and coordinate the services required to optimally service the investor clients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May be responsible for one or more of the following:
- Primary driver responsible for accelerating the growth of Asset Services in each of the geographic areas noted in the applicable Region
- Establish a strong partnership with key local and business line internal stakeholders, including capital markets, agency leasing, tenant representatives, project management, and any other Investor Services/Strategic Account leaders to source new clients and expand current customer share
- Meet annual business growth objectives by overseeing the new business development process, including the targeting of key prospects/clients, the creation of powerful proposals and presentations and the execution of the agreement
- Develop a working knowledge of C&W’s Asset Services platform specifically in the client accounting, technical services and quality standards to enhance client satisfaction and to create a competitive edge for business development efforts
- Conduct regular status and strategy meetings with the various geographic market leaders and key clients to ensure a high level of execution and client satisfaction is being achieved. Align the C&W service delivery model to meet and exceed asset/portfolio performance objectives
- Enact any corrective measures required and/or implement new client relations policies or procedures to ensure the highest level of current and future client satisfaction
- Provide long-term strategic leadership and day-to-day management for asset services activities
- Oversee all aspects of strategic and financial planning for the region. Develop the annual business plan and operating budget; complete monthly and/or quarterly results, as directed
- Achieve property/portfolio financial performance objectives, including ensuring that actual property income and expenses, compared to approved budgets are analyzed and direct appropriate actions in response to variances or changes occurring during the year
- Ensure that a strong but efficient service delivery platform is in place, specifically in the client accounting, technical services and quality standards areas
- Oversee and manage the effective recruitment, selection, performance management and retention of employees to create the best teams to carry out the business line and company’s vision and goals
- Foster a culture of collaboration, teamwork and trust locally, regionally and globally
- Seek ways to become visible and recognized as a noted expert in the various markets (industry & civic group membership, public speaking, panels, articles, interviews, etc.)
- Work in partnership with other region leaders to ensure consistent client service delivery across geographies
1. Business and Financial Acumen
2. Strategic Thinking
4. Presentation skills
5. Time Management
6. Relationship Management
7. Problem Solving
8. Collaboration Skills
10. Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
11. Organization Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, MBA preferred
- 10 years of experience in the commercial real estate services industry, preferably with third party services firms
- Proven business development experience and success, strategic client relationships within the market or the industry with a philosophy focusing on growth and retention
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
- CPM, RPA or CCIM designation and participation in professional industry organizations are desired
- General understanding of property management client accounting systems and processes (preferably MRI and Yardi) as well as the other key technical and operational systems
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Regularly required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may need to travel from floor to floor, climb stairs, and may be required to travel outside between buildings in varying outdoor weather conditions. The employee may also be regularly required to remain in a stationary position (sit or stand) for 85% of the time; regularly use hands to operate office machinery and regularly required to walk, talk, and hear.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
This job description includes the core responsibilities for C&W. These duties may have slight modifications based on the regional location.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.