Position Start Date:
- Must Be a US Citizen
- Clearance/Privilege: Favorable Minimum Background Investigation (MBI). Candidate is not required to have a security clearance; however, a security clearance, recent favorable MBI and/or National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI) is preferred in order for the candidate to be granted interim privilege user access upon acceptance of an offer.
Metrica is seeking an IT Network Engineer with strong Windows, Exchange, and UNIX server knowledge. Additionally, the candidate should have strong knowledge of virtualization and SCCM. Candidate should be able to maximize a server’s performance, establish and maintain server operation, and secure and harden the server environment.
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 3 years’ experience, be self-directed, task-oriented and comfortable working independently within a small team environment. Also, candidate should have have experience with Netapp, SCCM, NESSUS, VMWare, Active Directory, Solarwind, eDiscovery tool, Windows Server 2008 to 2016
- Design server configuration, lead server installation, and enforce group policies and standards.
- Troubleshoot server problems and outages and schedule upgrades.
- Establish and enforce policies; define and monitor access.
- Coordinate with staff for configuration and troubleshooting
- Collaborate with network architects on server optimization.
- Provide architectural guidance and assistance to remote site personnel.
- Serve as third tier on-call support for 24x7 network availability.
- Analyze current infrastructure and provide recommendations for maintaining a stable environment
- Analyzes log files and reports to provide recommendations for process and technology improvements
- Communicates potential security exploits
- Participates in the evaluation of proposed system and application solutions to determine system or data integrity implications
- Assists headquarters and regional staff in troubleshooting and resolving systems security issues
- Leverages system security best practices to protect the infrastructure
- Leverages approved controls to ensure compliance to approved security standards
- Enables effective user authentication before allowing access to private networks
- Executes patch management program procedures
- Ensures approved antivirus software is properly applied to all resources connected to the managed network
Metrica, Inc. is a broad-based professional services firm established in 1984 to provide an array of program support activities to the US government and corporations. Metrica’s headquarters is located in San Antonio, Texas, with additional offices in Northern Virginia. Metrica is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Metrica offers an excellent starting salary and outstanding fringe benefits, including Medical, Dental, Tuition Assistance, and 401(k) Retirement Plan to name a few.
Job Type: Full-time