Safe Food Alliance is a technical service organization focused on addressing the needs of the food industry with a special emphasis on California's specialty crops. Safe Food Alliance offers technical services to growers, packers, processors and food manufacturers to aid in their efforts to maintain the highest standards in food safety.
We welcome individuals who are looking for a dynamic organization that prides itself in providing excellent service to customers and support to employees. At Safe Food Alliance, employees are our greatest asset -- and we make every effort to ensure the success and engagement of those who join our team. We are committed to creating long-term value for our employees by supporting their success and helping them achieve their goals.
We are looking for Laboratory Technicians who will be assisting in the Chemistry and Microbiology laboratory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve primarily in a production atmosphere as support.
- Responsible for sanitation in all areas to maintain a superior level of cleanliness.
- Provides routine preventive maintenance by daily cleaning, sanitizing, and disposing of trash.
- Performs all activities in a neat, safe, hygienic, and efficient manner.
- Communicates with all laboratory personnel to ensure quality and efficient service.
- Maintains customer satisfaction and appropriate confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of ISO 17025 Quality procedures related to sample documentation.
- Maintain a professional attitude and acceptable working relationship with coworkers, offering assistance when applicable.
- Assists with washing dishes and lab ware.
- Ability to read quantitative data and enter into LIMS system.
- Prepares and sets up samples for analysis.
- Maintains laboratory condition (i.e.: equipment, supplies, quality assurance, and accurate records throughout all procedures).
- Demonstrates proper techniques (pipetting, labeling samples, etc.), and successful performance in proficiency testing.
- Prepares and maintain bacteriological media (i.e.: BPW, LST, TSB, etc.).
Education and Experience
- A.S. or B.S. in Biology and/or Chemistry preferred.
- Possess knowledge and demonstrate skills of aseptic technique.
- High attention to detail is a must.
Visit our website at https://safefoodalliance.com/careers/ and apply!!!
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 /hour
- Laboratory (Chemistry/Microbiology): 1 year (Required)