The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the Director of Human Resources in supporting designated geographic regions. He/she carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all colleagues; assists in the development and implementation of human resource related policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the colleague handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Assists in the evaluation of reports, decisions and results of the HR department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve the efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefit laws and regulations.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field.
- Three to five years’ HR experience or education equivalent.
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of employment/labor laws
- Experience working with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) and HRIS system/s.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Preferred to be certified: PHR or SPHR, etc.
- Must demonstrate the organization’s core values, exuding behavior aligned with the firm’s culture.
Special Working Conditions:
Fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
This position description is intended to describe the level of work required of the person performing in the role and is not a contract. The essential responsibilities are outlined; other duties may be assigned as needs arise or as required to support the Firm. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate physically or mentally challenged colleagues.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance