Science Teacher for 2022/2023 School Year
Reports to: Center Director
Starting salary: $40,000/yr
Contact position: 185 days/year, August to June. Prorated based on start date
Benefit package included
\*not a remote position
Primary Function: The primary function of the on-site virtual teacher is to foster learning for students. The teacher’s job is to develop meaningful relationships and motivate students to be successful in their coursework.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Grading student assignments and tests.
- Tutoring students, both in person and virtually.
- Having conversations with students each week; especially students that choose not to attend the learning center.
- Institute student academic behavior plans and academic interventions.
- Help with enrollment of prospective students.
- Be an active participant in professional development sessions and in-service learning opportunities. Training sessions may require overnight travel.
- Valid State of Michigan Teacher Certification Granted by the Professional Teaching Standards Board.
- DI Endorsement
- Experience/skills with computer and computer software programs, such as Microsoft Office Suite, and student management systems.
- Ability to effectively operate various systems and office equipment.
- Strong interpersonal and public relations skills, including the ability to speak clearly and concisely, both in oral and written communications.
- Teacher applicants must be a self-starter and an independent thinker.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $40,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: One location