United States/ Canada (New York, LA, Chicago, or Toronto)
SendtoNews is an award-winning video distribution platform that supplies online publishers with premium content, advanced player technology and reliable revenue. Using the SendtoNews video platform, publishers can easily deliver official video to their readers. In addition to providing a brand-safe environment for advertisers, STN lets content providers connect with new audiences they wouldn’t be able to access otherwise.
With up to 5000 new videos every day, STN's video solution is used by over 1800 publishers and hundreds of premium content providers at zero cost. STN’s partners include the National Post, NY Post, NY Daily News, LA Times, Chicago Tribune, MLB, NFL, NBA, Bloomberg, AP, Rolling Stone, and many more.
What does a career at STN mean for you? You’ll be joining a collaborative, fun environment where we value hard work, hustle, humility and honesty. We maintain a full stack of healthy snacks and refreshments, gourmet doughnuts on Friday, weekly full team lunches and a fantasy football pool that has already required more than one HR meeting. More than that, SendtoNews offers you growth and opportunity. There is a steep learning curve but those who embrace the challenges quickly grow into roles far beyond where they started. We are expanding rapidly and need team members who want to grow with us. If you can bring dedication, curiosity, and excitement to the STN team as our Vice President of Business Development we want to hear from you.
Leads Publishers’ Development in North America
- Lead, Coach, develop, train and nurture the publisher development team for optimal performance.
- Execute on all aspects of publisher success and business development to ensure maximum customer satisfaction and revenue generation.
- Define, Establish and report on KPIs for business development and ensure processes that effectively create and measure success.
- Manage Pipeline from lead generation to closing of new publishers including direct participation in process with larger or more challenging accounts.
- Ensure team usage of salesforce.
- Ensure efficient and effective handoffs of new publishers to publisher success account management teams.
- Work as part of the management team, and participate and contribute in company
meetings as voice of publisher development.
- Work with marketing to ensure the Publisher Development team has all marketing resources and assets to be successful.
- Actively work on identifying and recruiting talent.
- Gather content needs and opportunities from publisher development activities.
- Work with the content team to validate content quadrants to ensure content acquisition is correctly prioritized.
- While offering the whole STN Platform, include content team members to participate in content acquisition discussions.
- Bring insights from publisher development activities to our tech team and the Publisher Success Team to align our technology with needs of and implementations.
- Leverages industry contacts and conferences to stay ahead of key trends like viewability, AVOC and other industry issues.
- Identify key publisher issues like viewability. Identify a path to help improve publisher performance whether the issue is internal to STN or the Publishers, or external (browsers, IAB standards, …).
- Build a strategy around trade events.
- Represent STN in relevant trade events, panels.
- Find ways to contribute to industry thought leadership.
- Gather intelligence and key business contacts to drive new leads and business.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), with proven ability to act as a bridge between technical and non-technical teams
- Strong people management/leadership
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurial / Risk Taker
- Never give up and never quit attitude
- 5-15 years experience in a related field (Digital media, sports, broadcast media)
- Proven results of exceeding performance targets especially in driving new business through strong business development skills
- Recognized sales leader within current/former organizations
- Media, Sports or entertainment experience
- Strong VP and C Level relationships with media organizations across North America
- Presence/Gravitas to represent leading global brands and leagues
- Track record of having developed successful creative and strategic pitch materials, drafting proposals and responding to RFPs
- Experience managing business development teams and digital support personnel to include:
- Client & Creative Services
Please apply directly at: https://secure.collage.co/jobs/sendtonews/17739
Job Type: Full-time