Contract Land Staff is looking for experienced right of way agents that are local to the Seattle, WA area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contact the owners of interests in land regarding the acquisition of real property rights, amendments of rights, notifications of entry, settlement of claims and other matters.
- Responsible for purchasing property by negotiating with the property owners, analyzing property appraisals and making recommendations to the client using real estate practices, legal concepts, governmental standards and regulations.
- Represent the client in complex negotiations with property owners and attorneys.
- Responsible for recommending to the client whether a reasonable compromise is likely and further negotiations should be pursued or whether to pursue condemnation litigation.
- Responsible for recommending payment increases to the client if the property owner has a legitimate basis for seeking a substantially higher amount.
- Responsible for estimating areas of potential damage in advance of construction and accumulate information as to damages occurring during construction.
- Responsible for preparing lawsuit packages for condemnation proceedings, assisting the client’s attorney and serving as an expert witness in mediation or trial if the negotiation process fails.
- Capable of working unsupervised in a variety of roles.
- Well qualified in a specialized area such as land title, regulatory matters or acquisition that they are selected to work only in this area of special expertise.
- May be responsible for Right of Way operations and maintenance.
- Job Requirements
- Must have experience acquiring right of way
- Must be within 50 miles of Seattle, WA as there is no per diem
- Must have title knowledge
Job Type: Full-time
- Right of Way Acqusition: 3 years