Trident United Way's mission states that we are a catalyst for transformative community change through collective impact, a systematic approach in which many partners agree in advance on how they will approach the issue at hand and how they will determine success. These collaborations require a backbone organization to manage the partnership and ensure communication among the partners. Trident United Way often plays that backbone role. Our collaborative efforts are more than simply philanthropic – they are also strategic and data-driven. We know that the MORE educated, financially stable and healthy individuals are, the MORE our communities benefit. Our ‘More-is-More’ approach gives everyone involved the opportunity to unite and make real strides in creating lasting change right here at home.
Trident United Way staff and volunteers are devoted to raising the financial and human resources necessary to do this transformational work. We know the importance and value of our Human Capital and are deeply committed to enhancing our corporate culture, while serving our community, with every new hire. We hope that you want to join our progressive and committed organization, so please, do not hesitate and apply today.
Trident United Way is an Equal Opportunity Employer with an employee base of 36-40 FTE's. We offer a full range of benefits: 401(k), Health (HDHP or PPO option), HSA, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Sick/Personal/Vacation days along with eight (8) paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at TUW will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TUW does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or genetics.
Interns at Trident United Way are exposed to a wide variety of projects. No manning of the coffee machine or runs to the bakery, here you will be part of the team and involved in the creative process.
Summer 2018 Internship testimonials:
Kaleb Dill::What’s your favorite project during your internship?:
One of my favorite projects during my internship was creating a new staff page for Trident United Way’s website. I photographed all the staff members to update their headshot photo for the new format of the staff page. I had a great time meeting each staff member during this project. Another project that I enjoyed seeing come together was the 2018 campaign video. Seeing all the steps that it took to finish this project helped me realize how important collaboration and teamwork are.
During my first week as an Intern at Trident United Way I visited local elementary schools and passed out books in classrooms. This was a part of the African American Leadership council which links people by a common interest and purpose of strengthening the community through giving and volunteerism. The best thing about passing out these books was seeing the priceless reactions of the children. Seeing firsthand how the outreach of Trident United Way and the AALC supports the Tri-County area deepend my belief in the importance of giving back to the community.
Micaela Hegarty: :
This internship has been an amazing opportunity and I would suggest it to anyone who is wishing to learn a variety of work varying from graphics, social media, video, photography, visual editing, content editing, marketing research, content writing, CRM system management, SEO research, and so much more. The culture is full of upbeat and giving individuals who wish to give back to the community that they live in. It has only solidified my desire and passion in making a career in non-profit.
Find more here:
GAIN COMMUNICATIONS EXPERIENCE WITH A LEADING TRI-COUNTY NONPROFIT ORGANIZATION:
Trident United Way is the Tri-County region’s only community connector that strategically and sustainably leverages human and financial resources to improve education, financial stability and health so that our entire community can thrive. We bring people and organizations together to find what is working and do more of that to help advance our community. We LIVE UNITED together because change does not happen alone.
The Marketing & Communications division of Trident United Way performs the full spectrum of communications functions including - graphic design, public relations, social media, media relations, publications, marketing, advertising, support events and website management.
Marketing & Communications Intern
VP of Communications & Volunteer Engagement. He/she would have exposure to the Marketing & Communications team, other TUW stakeholders and outside vendors.
Intern, part-time up to 20 hours per week (Spring 2019 or Summer 2019)
Purpose of Position:
This is an internship within Trident United Way’s Marketing & Communications department within the Communications & Volunteer Engagement division. Primary responsibilities will include supporting the Marketing & Communications team members with inbound marketing requests from other divisions as well as helping us execute our strategies - including creating graphics, making website updates, creating content for e-newsletter, collateral materials, proofreading and more.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES::
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: :
- Collaboration on design projects resulting in clear, engaging graphics and brand identity compliant communications. Projects may include branded collateral materials, video, direct mail pieces, website and social media graphics, posters, flyers, special event photos and other marketing materials as needed.
- Maintain email opt-outs and sign-ups for E-newsletter in CRM Database and Constant Contact
- Work closely with Marketing & Communications division team members to translate Trident United Way’s messaging concepts into marketing materials
- Assist with editing, proof reading and communication of changes on projects that originate with our agency or other graphic designer
- Assist in scheduling social media content and monitoring social media platforms
- Assist with writing/editing content for quarterly E-newsletter
- Minimum of two semesters of major-related course work completed in one of the following: Graphic Design, Public Relations, Communications or related field preferred
- Exceptional organization skills and detail-orientation
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to manage work flow to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Working-knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experience managing a non-personal Twitter or Facebook account preferred
- Minimum of 12 weeks commitment required
- Ability to work 20 hours per week largely during normal business hours of 8:30AM- 5:00PM
- Ability to occasionally work outside of regular business hours of 8:30AM- 5:00PM
- Must have reliable transportation
- Successfully author copy for written materials and construct images to create engaging, mission-focused messaging on for use in collateral materials
- Develop a keen eye for branding standards and consistency
- Successfully advance graphic projects by editing, creating/enhancing graphics and produce a finished product
- Enhance the experience for TUW.ORG website users by editing pages and maintaining assets in the content management system
- Identify and implement the elements of social media strategy coordinated across multiple platforms
- Gain an introductory understanding of nonprofit communications, philanthropy and issues of education, financial stability and health in the local community
- Build your portfolio of work
- Flexible scheduling
- Great networking opportunity
- Intern may be eligible for college credits
- Be part of a leading Tri-County region nonprofit organization
- Professional mentoring
- Upon successful completion of the internship you may be eligible for a $1000 stipend
The above statements are not intended to be all-inclusive, but rather are intended only to describe the key elements relative to each section of the description. Trident United Way is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work Environment.