Software Development Director, Serverless Team-18000W36
Oracle is focused on delivering container native cloud services and enhancing the experience of developers building and running container native applications. As a part of Oracle’s Cloud Infrastructure organization, the container native group is responsible for delivering services that make developing for cloud easy. We enable developers to focus on the code by handling everything else from reliability, scaling, and robustness while abstracting away all the infrastructure details.
The serverless team in the container native group is looking for seasoned engineering leaders to grow and lead teams that are building multiple new services for the serverless platform. You would be responsible for providing the leadership, vision and strategy needed for the delivery of these services. You would own growing and leading engineering teams, and driving the serverless vison at Oracle and in the wider open source community.
We are looking for someone who has experience:
- Leading engineering teams that have delivered successful products and services.
- Providing technical leadership and guidance to engineering teams.
- Conceptualizing and delivering on vision for cloud native services.
- Building and growing an engineering organization that works well together.
- Working with geographically distributed teams.
As an engineering leader, you will own the delivery of the services and the open source projects that are a part of this group. You would be working closely with multiple Oracle teams from across the world. So, great collaboration skills are essential. We're a fairly new team, which makes this a great opportunity to make a big impact. We believe this team and mission sits squarely at the center of Oracle's future, and this is an opportunity to rethink the way we develop applications for the cloud.
Our team is located in beautiful downtown Oakland, California.
- 10+ years of experience in software development.
- 5+ years of experience in engineering management and leadership.
- Experience in software design and coding in a modern programming language.
- Experience developing distributed systems and understanding of scale, reliability and performance.
- Experience in leading teams that have delivered successful web service.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience in leading open source projects.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a director of the software engineering division, you will apply your extensive knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and envision future improvements to the architecture.
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.