Full Job Description
- Proven 2 + years Manager experience
- Demonstrated history delivering results in cross functional environments - ability to drive organizational change using sound reasoning backed up by relevant data in a well prepared business briefing
- Ability to be flexible in shift assignments and work areas.
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous, internet-speed environment.
- Absolute passion for ensuring a great customer experience with every contact.
- Strong verbal (speaking, listening, interpretation) and written communication skills.
Do you enjoy helping U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success? Are you familiar with security best practices for applications, servers, and networks? Do you want to be part of a customer facing technology team helping to ensure the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology platform?
A Customer Service Manager (CS Manager) sets the vision, direction, and culture of their teams by managing individual and team performance expectations and goals, providing individual coaching feedback sessions, maintaining singular focus on ensuring and improving customer satisfaction, monitoring real time service levels and schedule adherence, and serving as leaders and point of contact for escalated contact resolutions. The CS Manager will directly manage employees responsible for all aspects of the AWS Basic Support product (https://aws.amazon.com/premiumsupport/). Additional responsibilities on top of day-to-day people management duties include product management responsibilities for the AWS Customer Service business. Our managers are business owners and are a part of an exciting, fast-paced team that is constantly evolving to meet the needs of the future!
**This role is supporting cloud computing customers, so the individual will have to demonstrate a technology affinity to be successful.**
Overall responsibilities include:
- Leading and developing a team of 4 to 6 CS agents;
- Identifying and eliminating barriers to accuracy, productivity, and quality.
- Carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with AWS (Amazon Web Services™) policies and procedures; additional responsibilities include interviewing, training and motivating employees; planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; and effective conflict resolution.
- Communicating policies and become the primary information source for staff; following-up to ensure compliance and consistency; taking corrective action as necessary and documenting the issue and actions taken.
- Owning and driving performance metrics with the team, to include the use of a Quality Assurance program to "Move the needle"
- Solving complex customer service issues and proactively heading off negative service trends.
- Understanding and correctly utilizing resources provided by internal systems, departments, policies, and procedures.
- Development, analysis and improvement of new strategies and procedures. The CS Manager will have the ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Developing and achieving performance goals and objectives in order to achieve customer promise expectations.
- Voice of the Customer: Summarizing and providing critical analysis to top 3 customer issues to be improved on a quarterly review cycles
“This position requires that applicant selected be a U.S. citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI US Government clearance with polygraph. Candidate will work on a scheduled shift, (9pm EST – 7am EST). Applicants with a current SSBI, SBPR, or PPR, may be eligible for crossover in accordance with ICPG 704.4.”
“This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and must currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate have and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements.”
- BA/BS degree or equivalent Amazon experience
- Knowledge of Six Sigma/Lean Processes
- Project Management Experience
- Exceptional skills in data manipulation and analysis