Full-timeEstimated: $33,000 - $47,000 a year
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Teacher Coaching
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
Full Job Description
As a small site (approximately 85 students) administrator, this position assumes the leadership role effecting a safe and supportive learning environment for an alternative high school population. The primary duties include teacher coaching and development, ensuring fidelity to the school vision, promoting effective and rigorous pedagogy and collaborating with charter administration on matters related to compliance, accountability and efficient operation
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops a broad understanding of career and educational opportunities beyond graduation, and uses that understanding to assist students in academic and career planning.
- Becomes familiar with each student’s personal context as it relates to success at PPEP TEC, and provides appropriate guidance, counseling and parental contact.
- Maintains and improves personal knowledge relevant to the objectives of the Arizona Academic Standards, and, through mastery assessment rather than “grading,” helps students construct relevant understanding of the issues that the standards address.
- Develops and maintains the classroom environment as a model of the workplace (safe, quiet, and without distractions), and guides students in learning appropriate behavior that allows independent and productive effort toward career goals.
- Understands the rationale and implementation of required assessments: AIMS, AzMERIT, Galileo.
- Becomes familiar with general administration of the school site and is accountable on an absolute basis for maintaining procedures, keeping records, safe-guarding resources, and upholding school policy as well as state and federal laws and regulations.
- Consistently observes, evaluates and collaborates with instructional staff to develop best practices, management skills and effective pedagogy.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Several years experience at secondary level
- Must possess an IVP Fingerprint and Background Clearance Card.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field, preferably education.
- Two (2) years prior work experience in teaching at-risk children.
- Must be able to see a computer monitor.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift twenty five (25) pounds).
PPEP INC. IS AN EEO EMPLOYER - MINORITIES/WOMEN/VETERANS/DISABLED
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.PPEP.ORG
Job Type: Full-time
- teaching at-risk children: 1 year (Preferred)
- Arizona K-12 Teaching (Required)
- IVP DPS Fingerprint (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift