Posting Number: 010521
Posting Date: 01/19/2021
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Salary: B19, $42,244 - $45,360/yr.
Number of Vacancies: 2 Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-exempt / Program Specialist III (1572NT)
Division: Lottery Operations
Work Location Address: 611 East 6th Street, Austin, TX 78701
This position is unlike any other in Texas State Government. The Drawings Specialist position is part of a unique 15-member team that conducts drawings for all in-state Texas Lottery draw games. Drawings are held during the day and at night Monday through Saturday. The Draw Specialist works a weekly 40-hour rotating schedule covering one of two shifts.
The Drawings Specialist performs complex (journey-level) consultative services and technical assistance work. Work involves planning, developing, and implementing drawings program support work/activities and daily operations and functions of the Drawings Section and providing consultative services and technical assistance to program staff, the general public, agency staff and governmental agencies. Performs all aspects of Texas Lottery drawings in accordance with established commission policies and procedures related to the drawings program. Works varied schedules, including nights, weekends, and holidays. Performs all duties and responsibilities in a manner that exemplifies the agency’s core values of integrity, responsibility, innovation, fiscal accountability, customer responsiveness, teamwork, and excellence. Work is performed in the Texas Lottery drawings studio located in the lottery headquarters. Works under general supervision with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. This position reports directly to the Drawings Section Supervisor.
· Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university is required. (Experience providing technical assistance to the public or program support work, in excess of the required two years, may substitute for college on a year-for-year basis.)
· Two years experience providing technical assistance to the public or program support work to internal and/or external customers is required.
· Requires working days, nights, weekends and holidays in a rotating 40 hour weekly recurring schedule.
· Requires travel for job-related purposes. Most travel is completed within the service region of the office. Use of personal vehicle for work related travel is required in compliance with State and Agency travel rules and procedures. Primary work location is the Texas Lottery Headquarters and backup studio.
· Must have a current driver’s license.
· Experience with personal computers to include experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook or other email applications, multi-user databases, and the Internet is required.
· Experience in a studio or live production environment is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Knowledge of the Texas Lottery Act enabling legislation.
· Strong verbal communication and writing skills.
· Strong organization skills and aptitude for detail.
· Skill in the use of a personal computer, computer software, and standard office equipment.
· Ability to manage multiple projects, organize competing priorities, follow instructions, and meet strict deadlines.
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Commission management, other Commission employees, and vendors.
· Ability to exercise good judgment and make sound decisions affecting the operation of department functions.
· Ability to maintain poise and a professional presentation for live on-air drawings.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
· Must be able to operate standard office equipment and computer software.
· Must be able to work well in stressful situations under strict deadlines.
· Must be able to lift, push and pull drawings equipment weighing up to 25 lbs.
· Must be able to perform repetitive tasks, stooping, bending, standing, sitting, performing data entry, and typing for extended periods of time.
Essential Job Functions:
Collaborates in the planning, development, and implementation of drawings program by:
· Conducting independently certified drawings on a set schedule to determine official winning numbers.
· Conducting internet entry promotional second chance drawings for merchandise and experiential prizes.
· Conducting retailer incentive drawings to incentivize sales in lottery retail locations.
· Providing an on-air camera presence during live broadcast production drawings.
· Promoting teamwork and working closely with co-workers, peers, and management to encourage an open atmosphere of positive teambuilding.
Performs an array of technical, training, research, planning, policy, program assessment, and administrative activities related to the drawings program by:
· Traveling to perform independent ball weighing at Texas Department of Agriculture Metrology Laboratory for weights and measurements.
· Performing testing and routine maintenance for drawings equipment to include, draw machines, ball sets and studio set.
· Working in the live wagering system and other proprietary systems while conducting drawings.
· Interpreting and maintaining a thorough current knowledge of Commission and Lottery policies and procedures, rules and regulations.
· Entering accurate information into databases, reading electronic mail messages daily and responding appropriately, and performing other general program support activities.
· Assisting with maintaining files for all drawings documents.
· Maintaining proper office and studio equipment and supply inventory.
Conducts surveys and/or reviews to determine compliance with requirements, laws, regulations, policies, and procedures related to the drawings program by:
· Performing inspections of drawings equipment to determine compliance with certification requirements.
· Performing drawings consistent with guidelines, rules, policies and procedures.
Prepares administrative reports, studies, and specialized projects by:
· Working with appropriate staff to timely prepare, review and submit reports/logs accurately, responding to inquiries as needed.
· Maintaining necessary records as required.
· Participating in special duties, assignments, or projects as requested by management and effectively and efficiently completing assignments or projects by deadline.
Performs all duties and responsibilities in a manner that exemplifies the agency’s core values of integrity, responsibility, innovation, fiscal accountability, customer responsiveness, teamwork, and excellence.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY:
The Texas Lottery Commission does not require applicants to submit the State of Texas application in-person or by walk-in. The preferred method for applying is as follows:
State of Texas Applications may be submitted electronically through the Texas Workforce Commission's workintexas.com online system by 11:59 p.m. of the closing date stated on the job posting. When a job opening is posted open until filled, it is best to apply as soon as possible, as the posting may close or be placed on-hold at any time with or without prior notification. Applications may also be submitted by mail referencing the position number & title by application deadline to: Texas Lottery Commission, Human Resources, P.O. Box 16630, Austin, TX 78761-6630. Applications may be obtained by downloading the State of Texas Application from the TLC website www.txlottery.org, at www.workintexas.com. Applications must be received in our Human Resources office or any Lottery Claim Center statewide by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date listed on the posting. Applications submitted via express or overnight delivery mail should be mailed to: Texas Lottery Commission, Human Resources, 611 East 6th Street, Austin, TX 78701.
Applications are not accepted by email or fax.
Applicants are solely responsible for timely delivery of applications by the deadline.
Proud of Our Diversity - Committed to Equal Employment Opportunities
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42,244.00 - $45,360.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift